Piotr Bienkowski
Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 02:11
English to Polish
+ ...
Aug 4, 2015

Overall, I am satisfied, but:

1) if I move a project that is already added to the projects list, next time I run Studio, the whole project list is gone. Not a big problem, I know where my projects are.

2) If I backspace repeatedly too fast, and error pops up about some starting index.....

3) there was a package, I don't know from which version of Studio that caused "Object reference..." on every segment. When Studio started to autopropagate there was "Objec
... See more
Overall, I am satisfied, but:

1) if I move a project that is already added to the projects list, next time I run Studio, the whole project list is gone. Not a big problem, I know where my projects are.

2) If I backspace repeatedly too fast, and error pops up about some starting index.....

3) there was a package, I don't know from which version of Studio that caused "Object reference..." on every segment. When Studio started to autopropagate there was "Object reference..." all over the screen and a lot of clicking to get rid of them....
Collapse

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
Mouse cursor jumps when there is an apostrophe in the target segment Aug 4, 2015

A bug not too serious but definitely annoying (also observed previously by other users).

[Edited at 2015-08-04 19:52 GMT]

sans22 (X)
sans22 (X)
Sweden
Apostrophe in target segment Aug 5, 2015

Yes, I have also noticed this bug. It is a bit irritating and I hope they fix it soon.

Kaarel Kõivupuu
Kaarel Kõivupuu
Estonia
Local time: 03:11
English to Estonian
+ ...
object reference not set to an instance of an object Aug 28, 2015

3) there was a package, I don't know from which version of Studio that caused "Object reference..." on every segment. When Studio started to autopropagate there was "Object reference..." all over the screen and a lot of clicking to get rid of them....

Seen that. I created a new project with all the included files and when I was done working with the files in this temporary project, I just imported everything back to the package I had from the client. It took me an extra 5 minutes, but I didn't have to deal with the "object reference ..." error messages. I think my client was working with 2009.

I know it's not really a solution

Wojciech_ (X)
Wojciech_ (X)
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
Another minor, but slightly annoying bug. Dec 5, 2015

I've noticed one bug with Autosuggest feature that hasn't been eliminated with SR1.
I use all possible resources for Autosuggest, including 3 MT engines (Google, Microsoft MyMemory), concordance, RegexAutosuggest and everything else that is available.
In general, when there are result from MT they seem to block Quickinsert and RegexAutosuggest, so they don't appear in the list. The only remedy for this is to Backspace a little and then start writing again for Quickinsert (Ctrl+ Comm
... See more
I've noticed one bug with Autosuggest feature that hasn't been eliminated with SR1.
I use all possible resources for Autosuggest, including 3 MT engines (Google, Microsoft MyMemory), concordance, RegexAutosuggest and everything else that is available.
In general, when there are result from MT they seem to block Quickinsert and RegexAutosuggest, so they don't appear in the list. The only remedy for this is to Backspace a little and then start writing again for Quickinsert (Ctrl+ Comma) or Regex to start working.
Has anyone else noticed this bug?
I can upload a video to demonstrate it.
Collapse

Keith Sanders
Keith Sanders  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 20:11
Member (2015)
French to English
+ ...
Anchors in regular expressions Dec 5, 2015

A not-so-minor bug (in my opinion):

In my Freelance edition of Trados Studio 2015, I've noticed a bug in the handling of anchors in regular expressions (i.e. ^ to indicate the beginning of a segment and $ for the end of a segment). Searching on expressions with anchors does not work properly if two identical copies of a segment occur one right after the other in the document.

For example, if I search for ^Explanation$ (i.e. "Explanation" is the entire contents of the se
... See more
A not-so-minor bug (in my opinion):

In my Freelance edition of Trados Studio 2015, I've noticed a bug in the handling of anchors in regular expressions (i.e. ^ to indicate the beginning of a segment and $ for the end of a segment). Searching on expressions with anchors does not work properly if two identical copies of a segment occur one right after the other in the document.

For example, if I search for ^Explanation$ (i.e. "Explanation" is the entire contents of the segment), and there is a place in the file where two consecutive segments are "Explanation", then the search function will not find the second one-- it just skips over it. (I have not yet seen what happens if there are three or more identical consecutive segments.)

This happens in both Find and Replace modes. For "Find" mode, it happens both when searching in the source text and when searching in the target text.

This can be a major pain on a large project that requires "Replace all" actions, since I have to find various (much slower) workarounds to make sure that I have seen EVERY instance of the segment I want to replace.
Collapse

Keith Sanders
United States
Member (2015)
French to English
+ ...
Parentheses in non-regex searches Dec 5, 2015

Also in Find/Replace:

When using regular expressions, it is impossible to search (i.e. the "Find Next" button is greyed out) when the search string has unbalanced parentheses or square brackets, which makes sense.

However, balancing parens/brackets is also enforced in this way when NOT using regular expressions, so it is impossible to search (or find/replace) on strings like "Sample text (". This seems unnecessary and can sometimes limit searches that we might want to d
... See more
Also in Find/Replace:

When using regular expressions, it is impossible to search (i.e. the "Find Next" button is greyed out) when the search string has unbalanced parentheses or square brackets, which makes sense.

However, balancing parens/brackets is also enforced in this way when NOT using regular expressions, so it is impossible to search (or find/replace) on strings like "Sample text (". This seems unnecessary and can sometimes limit searches that we might want to do.

In theory, even a regex expression should not check for the balancing of escaped parens/brackets, e.g. \( or \[.
Collapse

Keith Sanders
United States
Member (2015)
French to English
+ ...
Must "Find Next" before "Replace All" Dec 5, 2015

One more for Find/Replace. This one really is minor:

When doing a Find/Replace, the "Replace All" button has no effect unless you click "Find Next" first in order to jump to the first instance to be replaced. This is easy enough to do, but still seems unnecessary...

Piotr Bienkowski
Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No such problem here Dec 8, 2015

I was able to search for an unbalanced, escaped left parenthesis character i.e. \( without a problem in a regex search. Was not able to test square brackets, because there weren't any in my text, but I would not expect any problems either.

ksanders wrote:

Also in Find/Replace:

However, balancing parens/brackets is also enforced in this way when NOT using regular expressions, so it is impossible to search (or find/replace) on strings like "Sample text (". This seems unnecessary and can sometimes limit searches that we might want to do.

In theory, even a regex expression should not check for the balancing of escaped parens/brackets, e.g. \( or \
uote]

[Edited at 2015-12-08 04:39 GMT]

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Checked all three... Dec 8, 2015

... and put an unlisted recording here. I could not reproduce these at all so perhaps there is something missing in the description that is essential information to be able to reproduce these, or perhaps I misunderstood?

https://youtu.be/c4nblKfKoSM

Regards

Paul
SDL Community SupportSDL Community Support
Collapse

Saulius_S
Saulius_S
Lithuania
Local time: 03:11
English to Lithuanian
+ ...
Window size and position Jan 12, 2016

When I start Trados Studio 2015, its window is always positioned at top left of the screen and has size 1040x806 pixels. It is annonying because Studio 2014 window after start was sized and positioned as it was last time closed. I couldn't find place where this could be configured.

My system is Windows 7 x64, NVidia Geforce GTX 560TI and driver 361.43. Comodo Firewall 8.2 didn't prompt about Studio attempt to change protected registry values.

Joan Berglund
Joan Berglund  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2008)
French to English
scrolling problems Jan 12, 2016

I'm finding that touchscreen scrolling is not working in Trados 2015 today. I think it was yesterday although I don't really use it that much. Also, the scroll wheel on my mouse hasn't worked properly in any program since shortly after I installed Trados 2015 (why I needed touchscreen scrolling today). It may not be related, but I haven't been able to fix the problem and am waiting on a new mouse to arrive. Touchscreen scrolling is working in everything else.

Joan Berglund
Joan Berglund  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2008)
French to English
still can't touchscreen scroll Jan 14, 2016

New mouse has arrived, the mouse scrolling problem was just a coincidental hardware problem. But I still can't figure out how to enable touchscreen scrolling in Trados 2015. I'm using a Windows 8 OS and it's working in everything else, and also worked fine in my last version of Trados, which was 2009. I don't use it that often, but I have repetitive stress pain in my mouse hand and like to have as many alternative interfaces as possible on long days.

kirtliu
kirtliu
Taiwan
English to Chinese
projects window is very slow Jan 15, 2016

I keep about 40 projects in studio 2015. Every time I move to projects windows from other windows, it will halt for about 8 seconds before I can choose a project to open, and that is really slow. I tried to reduce the amount of projects before but it still very slow and I do need to keep many projects in my studio. In studio 2014 I kept over 100 projects, and it will halt about 2 seconds when I move to project window. That is acceptable. But in 2015 that is really very slow.

[Edited at 2
... See more
I keep about 40 projects in studio 2015. Every time I move to projects windows from other windows, it will halt for about 8 seconds before I can choose a project to open, and that is really slow. I tried to reduce the amount of projects before but it still very slow and I do need to keep many projects in my studio. In studio 2014 I kept over 100 projects, and it will halt about 2 seconds when I move to project window. That is acceptable. But in 2015 that is really very slow.

[Edited at 2016-01-15 02:58 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2015 - some minor bugs

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »