Thread poster: Nigel Greenwood (X)
Nigel Greenwood (X)
Nigel Greenwood (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 06:58
Spanish to English
+ ...
Aug 31, 2015

I have been translating a large job on my TRADOS and I have just closed it for the day, when I try to re-open it, I receive the message "This file type is not admitted". How can I re-open the file? I need to finish the translation and the deadline is tomorrow morning. I look forward to receiving help from you.

Regards,

Nigel

Elif Baykara Narbay
Elif Baykara Narbay  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 08:58
German to Turkish
+ ...
Maybe you can use the xliff file Aug 31, 2015

to prepare a new project just to bypass the problem. I don't know much but sometimes programs get confused and it may be a file path problem. You already have the updated TM guess, so at least you will be able to pretranslate a lot of the segments.

I hope you will catch the deadline.

Nigel Greenwood (X)
Nigel Greenwood (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 06:58
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Many thanks Sep 1, 2015

Hi Elif,

Many thanks for your assistance, I was really worried. Everything went fine and I made the deadline.

Thank you

Nigel.

Elif Baykara Narbay
Elif Baykara Narbay  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 08:58
German to Turkish
+ ...
You are welcome :) Sep 1, 2015

Nigel Greenwood wrote:

Hi Elif,

Many thanks for your assistance, I was really worried. Everything went fine and I made the deadline.

Thank you

Nigel.

I am happy to hear that.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TRADOS does not recognize my XLIFF file

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »