Oleksandr Studenyak
Oleksandr Studenyak
Czech Republic
Local time: 09:42
English to Ukrainian
+ ...
Sep 2, 2015

Hello,

I am trying to analyze RESX files with HTML tags inside of value tag in SDL Studio 2014 and it looks like HTML tags are included in word count. For example if I am analyzing following string:

then total number of words is 14. But if HTML tags are removed, i.e. string looks like this:

See more
Hello,

I am trying to analyze RESX files with HTML tags inside of value tag in SDL Studio 2014 and it looks like HTML tags are included in word count. For example if I am analyzing following string:

then total number of words is 14. But if HTML tags are removed, i.e. string looks like this:

than total number of words is only 6.
Is there any way to exclude HTML tags from total word count in this case?

Thanks,
Alex
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
What tags are these? Sep 3, 2015

Hi Oleksandr,

The reserved characters you show here don't make a lot sense to me. As far as I can see there is only one correct one there and thats the "& g t ;" (I separated with spaces to avoid the forum converting them)

The "& a l t ;" looks as though it's intended to be "& l t ;" perhaps, and I have no idea what "li" is supposed to be?

This might be your first problem.

Regards

... See more
Hi Oleksandr,

The reserved characters you show here don't make a lot sense to me. As far as I can see there is only one correct one there and thats the "& g t ;" (I separated with spaces to avoid the forum converting them)

The "& a l t ;" looks as though it's intended to be "& l t ;" perhaps, and I have no idea what "li" is supposed to be?

This might be your first problem.

Regards

Paul
SDL Community Support
Collapse

Oleksandr Studenyak
Oleksandr Studenyak
Czech Republic
English to Ukrainian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
<li> and </br> tags Sep 3, 2015

Hi Paul,

I am not sure about to which "& a l t ;" you are referring, I can't find in piece of code which I posted. I can see only "& l t", "& g t".
Your suggestion is correct - these are < li > and < /br > HTML tags. They are recognized properly in SDL Studio Editor:

But this is problem not only with these two HTML tags. All HTML tags which are avail
... See more
Hi Paul,

I am not sure about to which "& a l t ;" you are referring, I can't find in piece of code which I posted. I can see only "& l t", "& g t".
Your suggestion is correct - these are < li > and < /br > HTML tags. They are recognized properly in SDL Studio Editor:

But this is problem not only with these two HTML tags. All HTML tags which are available inside of < value > tags are counted as translatable words even if displayed as HTML tags in editor.
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Neither can I now!! Sep 3, 2015

Hi Oleksandr,

I must have been having a brain freeze or something... apologies. I recreated your file from your image and for some stupid reason added the a!!

On your problem, have you tried adding a parser rule for the li and br tags? That would probably resolve it.

Regards

Paul
SDL Community SupportSDL Community Support
Collapse

Oleksandr Studenyak
Oleksandr Studenyak
Czech Republic
English to Ukrainian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
How to create parser rule Sep 3, 2015

Hi Paul,

Could you please advise me how should look a parser rule to exclude for example < li > tag?
So I can create corresponding rules for all other HTML tags.
Or point me to some documentation with such examples.

Thanks,
Alex

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Just like XML... Sep 3, 2015

... you go to the RESX filetype, open the Parser rules and add the new ones you want. Exactly as you would for XML. This help on on XML filetypes should give you what you need:

http://producthelp.sdl.com/SDL_Trados_Studio_2015/client_en/FileTypes/XML-Parser-Rule-Settings.html

Or, if you want more detail this ar
... See more
... you go to the RESX filetype, open the Parser rules and add the new ones you want. Exactly as you would for XML. This help on on XML filetypes should give you what you need:

http://producthelp.sdl.com/SDL_Trados_Studio_2015/client_en/FileTypes/XML-Parser-Rule-Settings.html

Or, if you want more detail this article:

http://multifarious.filkin.com/2014/06/01/custom-xml/

Regards

Paul
SDL Community Support
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
It's really embedded content... Sep 3, 2015

... so I created a video for you to follow, might be useful for others to. Hope this helps a bit more:

https://youtu.be/CWW8tTHm2J4

Regards

Paul
SDL Community Support

Oleksandr Studenyak
Oleksandr Studenyak
Czech Republic
English to Ukrainian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem is solved! Sep 3, 2015

Hi Paul,

I followed instructions from your video and issue is fixed now - all embedded HTML codes are excluded from word count.

Thank you very much!

Alex

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

HTML tags in RESX files

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »