Analizing several files with existing TM - Perfect Match?
Thread poster: carlos cegarra sanmartin
carlos cegarra sanmartin
carlos cegarra sanmartin  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 02:33
English to Spanish
+ ...
Sep 2, 2015

Hi there,

So, basically I have done a project for a client. It consisted in 7 files from which I have now a TM.

There is a second batch of files from the same client and quite similar in content. I would like to know how much of the new stuff I already have translated before embarking on this project as it is quite bulky.

From what I have read the task to do this is PerfectMatch but with this it seems you can only apply one file to each of the new files to
... See more
Hi there,

So, basically I have done a project for a client. It consisted in 7 files from which I have now a TM.

There is a second batch of files from the same client and quite similar in content. I would like to know how much of the new stuff I already have translated before embarking on this project as it is quite bulky.

From what I have read the task to do this is PerfectMatch but with this it seems you can only apply one file to each of the new files to find the PerfectMatch and that doesn't help as I have 7 old files and 8 new files. I mean, I guess I could be going file by file and writing down on a piece of paper the results (which by the way come up in segments and not words) but to me it seems there must be a more satisfactory option.

I have also analized the files and in the report it tells me Perfect Match 0% for each of the files but I know that this is not true. So I must be doing something wrong...

Any help out there?

Many thanks!
Collapse

Andrey Korobeinikov
Andrey Korobeinikov  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 09:33
English to Russian
+ ...
It is all in your TM Sep 3, 2015

Hi

You just need to analyse the files in batch (select them all and right click with your mouse then select Analyse) using your TM that you have created and filled during the previous translation. After that, looking at the Report tab in Studio you should get a complete breakdown analysis specifying how many Perfect Matches and other matches you have.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Analizing several files with existing TM - Perfect Match?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »