Are tags included in the word count in Trados 2014?
Thread poster: Christine Jonkers
Christine Jonkers
Christine Jonkers  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 16:11
Member (2011)
French to Dutch
+ ...
Sep 5, 2015

Hello!

I'm wondering whether tags are included in the word count in Trados 2014 or not. And if they are, is it possible to let Trados count without the tags?

Thanks for your help!
Christine

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
This article might be useful... Sep 5, 2015

... for you. It was last updated for 2014 too.

http://multifarious.filkin.com/2012/11/13/wordcount/

Regards

Paul
SDL Community Support

Christine Jonkers
Christine Jonkers  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2011)
French to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
re-phrasing my question Sep 5, 2015

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your quick respons. It did help me to realise I didn't phrase my question well enough. I'm currently working on a document (powerpoint) with a lot of graphs and product names and logo's in it. Those are shown in Trados as a TAG-line, similar to a link. I don't translate those and they shouldn't be added to the word count.

Are those tag-lines counted and can I separate them? If they're counted, are they counted as 1 (an example of how they look li
... See more
Hi Paul,

Thank you for your quick respons. It did help me to realise I didn't phrase my question well enough. I'm currently working on a document (powerpoint) with a lot of graphs and product names and logo's in it. Those are shown in Trados as a TAG-line, similar to a link. I don't translate those and they shouldn't be added to the word count.

Are those tag-lines counted and can I separate them? If they're counted, are they counted as 1 (an example of how they look like: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3297/3262021567_207d13a54f.jpg, like a normal link, and BiomedLogo.jpg, a logo).

Thanks again,
Christine
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Are tags included in the word count in Trados 2014?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »