Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Studio 2015: curved apostrophes make problem
Thread poster: Caroline Charlier
Macaron
Macaron
Local time: 17:03
English to French
major bug with apostrophe in Studio 2015 Oct 5, 2015

this is one of the most annoying and time consuming bug in Studio 2015 : you cannot edit directly the target segment when there is an apostrophe, the cursor will jump to the apostrophe. Time consuming, need to cancel the move, move the cursor back to the initial insert point.

There is no solution, until Studio geeks come out with an updated version.

THIS IS VERY URGENT Trados guys, please release ASAP a correction of this bug, my productivity has lowered by 50 % due to
... See more
this is one of the most annoying and time consuming bug in Studio 2015 : you cannot edit directly the target segment when there is an apostrophe, the cursor will jump to the apostrophe. Time consuming, need to cancel the move, move the cursor back to the initial insert point.

There is no solution, until Studio geeks come out with an updated version.

THIS IS VERY URGENT Trados guys, please release ASAP a correction of this bug, my productivity has lowered by 50 % due to this bug.

and Studio 2015 has still not corrected the viewing of the Term Recognition window: text is not wrapping, this means that when you have painfully created notes in your termbase, you cannot read them as the text of the notes goes out of your window.
Collapse

Richard Hill
Richard Hill  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 16:03
Member (2011)
Spanish to English
Still not working properly, even after update Nov 2, 2015

If I type an opening bracket followed by a quote it's placed backwards as a closing quote rather than the opening quote. Contracts are often full of quoted terms in brackets.

And still know effective ctrl+z to undo the mess.

LionelG
LionelG
France
German to French
+ ...
Same issue + Autocorrect does not seem to work at all in Reviewing mode Feb 3, 2016

Hello,

I am experiencing the same problem in Studio 2015.

What is more, while Autocorrect seems to work properly in Translation mode, it does seem to work in Reviewing mode.

For instance, if I type "leru" (typo) in Translation mode, Autosuggest changes it automatically to "leur", according to the correction list.

Now, if I open the file in Reviewing mode, when typing "leru" no corrections is made. Autosuggest does not seem to work at all.
... See more
Hello,

What is more, while Autocorrect seems to work properly in Translation mode, it does seem to work in Reviewing mode.

For instance, if I type "leru" (typo) in Translation mode, Autosuggest changes it automatically to "leur", according to the correction list.

Now, if I open the file in Reviewing mode, when typing "leru" no corrections is made. Autosuggest does not seem to work at all.

This issue is very annoying for apostrophe consistency. I the original translator activated Fench quotation marks, the translation produced will contain curly apostrophes. However, if the reviewer opens the file in Reviewing mode, the apostrophes he or she well insert will be straight apostrophes, not curly apostrophes.

While apostrophes were consistent after the translation process, the will be inconsistent after the reviewing process, which is not acceptable in professional translation (the reviewing process goal is to correct mistakes, not to introduce inconsistencies).

The only solution is to search and replace all apostrophes, which is very time-consuming.

I hope a solution will be found for this issue.

Regards.

Lionel

LuxTranslations wrote:

Hello,

When using Studio 2015 with French quotation marks (« and »), Studio automatically uses curved apostrophes, which basically is O.K., but I've got the following issue: any time I write a character chain like: "l'entrée" Studio automatically goes back to the apostrophe after the first character I type, i.e. if I start typing "l'e", than Studio goes back to the apostrophe, making me stop typing to place the cursor after the "e" and go on with "ntrée".

Studio seem to need time to adjust this apostrophe (to make it curved), which is a problem when typing fast.

Does anybody else have this issue? And any solution?

Regards,
Caroline

[Modifié le 2015-09-18 09:36 GMT]
Collapse

LionelG
LionelG
France
German to French
+ ...
Same issue + Autocorrect does not seem to work at all in Reviewing mode ; read "Autocorrect" instead Feb 9, 2016

Should read ("Autosuggest" changed to "Autocorrect", sorry for the typos):

Hello,

For instance, if I type "leru" (typo) in Translation mode, Autocorrect changes it automatically to "leur", according to the correction list.

Now, if I open the file in Reviewing mode, w
... See more
Should read ("Autosuggest" changed to "Autocorrect", sorry for the typos):

Hello,

For instance, if I type "leru" (typo) in Translation mode, Autocorrect changes it automatically to "leur", according to the correction list.

Now, if I open the file in Reviewing mode, when typing "leru", no correction is made. Autocorrect does not seem to work at all.

This issue is very annoying for apostrophe consistency. I the original translator activated Fench quotation marks, the translation produced will contain curly apostrophes. However, if the reviewer opens the file in Reviewing mode, the apostrophes he or she will insert will be straight apostrophes, not curly apostrophes.

While apostrophes were consistent after the translation process, they will be inconsistent after the reviewing process, which is not acceptable in professional translation (the reviewing process goal is to correct mistakes, not to introduce inconsistencies).

The only solution is to search and replace all apostrophes, which is very time-consuming.

Regards.

Lionel

LionelG wrote:

Hello,

This issue is very annoying for apostrophe consistency. I the original translator activated Fench quotation marks, the translation produced will contain curly apostrophes. However, if the reviewer opens the file in Reviewing mode, the apostrophes he or she well insert will be straight apostrophes, not curly apostrophes.

While apostrophes were consistent after the translation process, the will be inconsistent after the reviewing process, which is not acceptable in professional translation (the reviewing process goal is to correct mistakes, not to introduce inconsistencies).

Regards.

Lionel

LuxTranslations wrote:

Hello,

When using Studio 2015 with French quotation marks (« and »), Studio automatically uses curved apostrophes, which basically is O.K., but I've got the following issue: any time I write a character chain like: "l'entrée" Studio automatically goes back to the apostrophe after the first character I type, i.e. if I start typing "l'e", than Studio goes back to the apostrophe, making me stop typing to place the cursor after the "e" and go on with "ntrée".

Studio seem to need time to adjust this apostrophe (to make it curved), which is a problem when typing fast.

Does anybody else have this issue? And any solution?

Regards,
Caroline

[Modifié le 2015-09-18 09:36 GMT]
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2015: curved apostrophes make problem

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »