Thread poster: Nick Quaintmere
Geoffroy Destrebecq
Geoffroy Destrebecq
Local time: 01:20
English to French
+ ...
How to Install Office 2013 Using Office 365 Oct 20, 2015

CarrieRooster wrote:

If someone wants to go back to Office 2013, there's only one way to do that: you must have your old installer.

If you have an Office 365 subscription, you can easily install Office 2013 even though the current version is Office 2016. Instructions here:

http://www.howtogeek.com/231058/how-to-install-office-2013-using-office-365/

Nick Quaintmere
Nick Quaintmere  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Great tip! Oct 20, 2015

For those wishing to roll back. But will this help the people who are having problems with the preview?

Karolina Kogut
Karolina Kogut
Poland
Polish to English
+ ...
Thanks, but... Oct 20, 2015

Thanks Geoffroy, but my Office 365 Small Business Premium subscription looks completely different and I don't see those options on my account. I don't know, maybe it depends on the country. Anyway, Microsoft will send you an appropriate installation file, if you ask nicely.

Here's the E
... See more
Thanks Geoffroy, but my Office 365 Small Business Premium subscription looks completely different and I don't see those options on my account. I don't know, maybe it depends on the country. Anyway, Microsoft will send you an appropriate installation file, if you ask nicely.

Here's the English version 32-bit: https://c2rsetup.officeapps.live.com/c2r/download.aspx?productReleaseID=O365BusinessRetail&platform=X86&language=en-us&version=O15GA&source=O15OLSO365

and here's the 64-bit: https://c2rsetup.officeapps.live.com/c2r/download.aspx?productReleaseID=O365BusinessRetail&platform=X64&language=en-us&version=O15GA&source=O15OLSO365

for those of you, who have Office 365 subscription, of course. If you want other language versions, replace "en-us" with your appropriate language code, for example "pl-pl" for Polish version, etc.

Software won't work without an active subscription, so it's not a pirate download. Got it directly from Microsoft.
Collapse

Oliver Pekelharing
Oliver Pekelharing  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Dutch to English
So is there a real-time preview now? Oct 23, 2015

So Trados released Studio 2015 SR1. Does this release support real-time preview for Office 2015 (full install, not click-to-run)?

The release notes say: "The new Microsoft Word 2007-2016 file type launched in Studio 2015 as a technical preview is now production ready. This means you can use it in production projects as you see fit."

Thanks,

Olly

Karolina Kogut
Karolina Kogut
Poland
Polish to English
+ ...
Word, but not Excel and Power Point...yet Oct 23, 2015

I can only confirm that Trados Studio 2015 has the Word 2016 file extension in supported files options, but no Excel or Power Point 2016. At least not yet. Hopefully they will be added soon. Until then, I'm not going to reinstall Office 2016.

How to add a print screen here?

Anyway, right under Word 2007-2013, I see Word 2007-2016 in file types. So, Word 2016 should work for you, but no other Office 2016 software...
See more
I can only confirm that Trados Studio 2015 has the Word 2016 file extension in supported files options, but no Excel or Power Point 2016. At least not yet. Hopefully they will be added soon. Until then, I'm not going to reinstall Office 2016.

How to add a print screen here?

Anyway, right under Word 2007-2013, I see Word 2007-2016 in file types. So, Word 2016 should work for you, but no other Office 2016 software Just remember Word 2016 extension is disabled by default.

[Edited at 2015-10-23 13:56 GMT]
Collapse

Karolina Kogut
Karolina Kogut
Poland
Polish to English
+ ...
Any news about SP1? Nov 25, 2015

Any news about Trados Studio 2015 SP1? Will it make Trados fully compatible with Office 2016? When is SDL going to publish it? Soon I will have to purchase new Office 365 licence for my company and I would like to use Office 2016, if possible.

[Edited at 2015-11-25 14:19 GMT]

Rosamarina
Rosamarina
Mexico
English to Spanish
No Word 2016 filter in Studio 15 Dec 5, 2015

I can't find the Word 2016 filter in Studio 15, where is it?

Roy Oestensen
Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
It has to be activated Dec 5, 2015

Rosamarina wrote:
I can't find the Word 2016 filter in Studio 15, where is it?

I don't know why, but the Word 2016 filter is not activated by default.

Go to File > Options > file Types

In the rigth window, tick Microsoft Word 2016.

Somehow the other file types in the Office suite is totally missing in the list. Would be nice to be able to add those too.

Roy

Karolina Kogut
Karolina Kogut
Poland
Polish to English
+ ...
Everything works with SR1 Jan 3, 2016

Trados Studio 2015 SR1 does not have spearate file filters for Excel and PowerPoint 2016 (which is very confusing, as there is one for Word 2016), but the files can be now opened for translation (apparently using the filters for the previous Office version). In short, Office 2016 files are now compatible with Trados Studio 2015.

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
Real-time preview for .docx Jan 3, 2016

Olly Pekelharing wrote:

So Trados released Studio 2015 SR1. Does this release support real-time preview for Office 2015 (full install, not click-to-run)?

When you asked in October the answer was no, but with CU3 released in December, the answer is yes.

Studio 2015 finally supports real-time preview for all .docx files, regardless of your Office version. More details here:

http://signsandsymptomsoftranslation.com/2015/12/29/preview/

Nick Quaintmere
Nick Quaintmere  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Don't see the point... Jan 6, 2016

Followed your instructions, Emma. And the only thing I can get to appear in the preview pane (sometimes) is the message: "External Word preview started"

Not much use really. If I wanted to manually start Word to view my document, I could do it myself. Total waste of time.

Jeff Whittaker
Jeff Whittaker  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 19:20
Member (2002)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Jan 6, 2016

[Edited at 2016-01-06 16:24 GMT]

Oliver Pekelharing
Oliver Pekelharing  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Dutch to English
preview works here Jan 6, 2016

I can confirm the real-time preview in Studio 2015 is working with Word 2016 here, and it's responding very nicely. Not sure if the same applies to Excel and Powerpoint files but I still have Office 2010 on my computer in any case.

Two things I had to do (in case this helps):

Disabled "Enable protected view for files ... from the internet" in the Trust Center in Word 2016.

Enabled Outlook 2016 with no account (I don't use it). Otherwise Outlook tries to la
... See more
I can confirm the real-time preview in Studio 2015 is working with Word 2016 here, and it's responding very nicely. Not sure if the same applies to Excel and Powerpoint files but I still have Office 2010 on my computer in any case.

Two things I had to do (in case this helps):

Disabled "Enable protected view for files ... from the internet" in the Trust Center in Word 2016.

Enabled Outlook 2016 with no account (I don't use it). Otherwise Outlook tries to launch every time I save a package, for some unfathomable reason...

These are both Microsoft bugs, apparently.

Regards,

Olly
Collapse

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
Real-time preview: not the same as manually opening a view in Word Jan 6, 2016

Nick Quaintmere wrote:

Followed your instructions, Emma. And the only thing I can get to appear in the preview pane (sometimes) is the message: "External Word preview started"

Yes, that's why it's best to Auto-Hide the preview pane.

Not much use really. If I wanted to manually start Word to view my document, I could do it myself. Total waste of time.

No, a real-time preview isn't the same as manually opening a view in Word (which in Studio you can do with Ctrl+shift+P, by the way).

- A real-time preview shows the translation progressing as you type (i.e. it transforms source to target in the Word file itself).
- You can jump to any segment in Studio and the matching place will be highlighted in the Word file.
- You can double click anywhere in the Word file and Studio will move its focus to the matching segment.

XXXphxxx (X)
XXXphxxx (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 00:20
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Can't get Real-time Preview to work Feb 28, 2016

I managed to get it to work on my old machine but not my new one, the only substantial difference being that I'm now using Windows 10, which could be irrelevant. I've followed Emma's instructions but have no "Real-time Preview (Microsoft Word)" option, nor do I have any options arrow on the far right. Whenever I click on "Real-time Preview" I receive the message that it's not supported by the Word version I'm using. I have ensured Word 2007-2016 is ticked in File Types and is top of the list. An... See more
I managed to get it to work on my old machine but not my new one, the only substantial difference being that I'm now using Windows 10, which could be irrelevant. I've followed Emma's instructions but have no "Real-time Preview (Microsoft Word)" option, nor do I have any options arrow on the far right. Whenever I click on "Real-time Preview" I receive the message that it's not supported by the Word version I'm using. I have ensured Word 2007-2016 is ticked in File Types and is top of the list. Anyone any ideas please?Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Office 2016 and Studio 2015

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »