Harry Blake Paz Bonzano
Harry Blake Paz Bonzano  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 09:54
Member (2014)
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
Oct 2, 2015

Here I would like to describe one very small issue I am encountering when I use the software:

The translation is of an excel document (using the bilingual excel type of file) from English into Italian, but I believe it happens on any file format.
When I am typing something that contains the character ' (i.e. I start typing l'am and then I receive the correct result l'amministratore), Autosuggest gives me the proper complete translation "l'amministratore" and so I type Enter. A
... See more
Here I would like to describe one very small issue I am encountering when I use the software:

The translation is of an excel document (using the bilingual excel type of file) from English into Italian, but I believe it happens on any file format.
When I am typing something that contains the character ' (i.e. I start typing l'am and then I receive the correct result l'amministratore), Autosuggest gives me the proper complete translation "l'amministratore" and so I type Enter. After that it just does not go at the end of the word but it stops between the character ' and the following word, therefore I have to manually (type End or click at the end of the word) to continue writing the translation.

I hope it is clear what I am trying to describe.

Is it happening to anybody else?

Thank you
Collapse

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Will get fixed later Oct 2, 2015

Harry Blake Paz Bonzano wrote:
When I am typing something that contains the character ' (i.e. I start typing l'am and then I receive the correct result l'amministratore), Autosuggest gives me the proper complete translation "l'amministratore" and so I type Enter. After that it just does not go at the end of the word but it stops between the character ' and the following word, therefore I have to manually (type End or click at the end of the word) to continue writing the translation.

It has been reported in at least two threads in the past week or two. Trados' reply is that it is a bug that they'll fix in the next minor update. In the mean time, if it bothers you a lot, try disabling autocorrection of smart quotes and typing the smart quotes manually.

Harry Blake Paz Bonzano
Italy
Member (2014)
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Oct 2, 2015

Thank you for letting me know, I did not have the time to search for similar topics so I created one.

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
Yes, Oct 2, 2015

you're not alone:
http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_tr
... See more
you're not alone:
http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/289511-trados_2015_apostrophy_problem.html
http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/291551-studio_2015_curved_apostrophes_make_problem.html
Collapse

SDL_Steve
SDL_Steve  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:54
English to Arabic
Very small issue on latest SDL Trados Studio 2015 Freelance Oct 6, 2015

Hi All,

I am aware that this issue has been an annoying 'bug' for some and I have seen that Paul has posted many workarounds recently.

SDL have addressed this issue and we have been promised it will be fixed directly (no more workarounds) in the upcoming SP1 which is due for release later this month.

ALL Studio 2015 users will be entitled to SP1 free of charge.
Please check your emails for exact release date-
Once released- simply access your S
... See more
Hi All,

I am aware that this issue has been an annoying 'bug' for some and I have seen that Paul has posted many workarounds recently.

SDL have addressed this issue and we have been promised it will be fixed directly (no more workarounds) in the upcoming SP1 which is due for release later this month.

ALL Studio 2015 users will be entitled to SP1 free of charge.
Please check your emails for exact release date-
Once released- simply access your SDL account- Downloads- Search Studio 2015 SP1 then download and install.

If you need further assistance- please let me know.

Kr

SDL_Steve
Collapse

Harry Blake Paz Bonzano
Italy
Member (2014)
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Oct 6, 2015

Thank you very much for the good news.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Very small issue on latest SDL Trados Studio 2015 Freelance

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »