Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 00:05
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Oct 6, 2015

Hello everyone

In the SDXLIFF file I'm currently working on, there is a specific tag that occurs in certain segments. I would like to find/replace with that tag (e.g. find the-tag and replace with the-tag###), or alternatively filter segments that contain that specific tag. Can that be done in Trados 2015?

Thanks
Samuel

Roy Oestensen
Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
Notepad? Oct 7, 2015

I don't know if it can be done in Studio, but perhaps it would be a job to be done in Notepad or a similar text editor?

Roy

kirtliu
kirtliu
Taiwan
English to Chinese
SDLXLIFF toolkit can fix your problem Oct 7, 2015

the tool is on SDL openexchange, it can search the content of tags.

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
@Roy Oct 7, 2015

Roy Oestensen wrote:
I don't know if it can be done in Studio, but perhaps it would be a job to be done in Notepad or a similar text editor?

Not directly, since tags in SDLXLIFF files all have numbered tag IDs, and their definitions are located in the head of the file. So if your sentence contains e.g. a tag named "hello" and a tag named "goodbye", in the SDLXLIFF file's actual segment you'll see only "tag ID=1" and "tag ID=2", and in the head of the file you'll see hello=1 and goodbye=2. This makes the Notepad route very unpractical.

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
Viewing tags in Studio Oct 7, 2015

Samuel Murray wrote:

a tag named "hello" and a tag named "goodbye", in the SDLXLIFF file's actual segment you'll see only "tag ID=1" and "tag ID=2", and in the head of the file you'll see hello=1 and goodbye=2.

You can select tag view options in the view tab. Tag ID is one option. The others are none, partial or full.

Filtering by tag and find/replace tag options are missing in Studio. They would be great features to have.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2015: filter by tag, or find/replace with a tag

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »