Jan Neumann
Jan Neumann  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 09:51
Member (2007)
English to German
Oct 8, 2015

Hi,

Does anybody know how to disable the shortcut to the multifarious blog in Studio 2014?

I lately got Studio 2014 SP 2 (11.2.4422.11) through the proz group purchase and the shortcuts are driving me nuts.

Whenever I get into the flow and type a little faster, various shortcuts are activated; the worst is the one to the multfarious blog website because it must be a very common combination of letters in German.

Basically, it has halved my trans
... See more
Hi,

Does anybody know how to disable the shortcut to the multifarious blog in Studio 2014?

I lately got Studio 2014 SP 2 (11.2.4422.11) through the proz group purchase and the shortcuts are driving me nuts.

Whenever I get into the flow and type a little faster, various shortcuts are activated; the worst is the one to the multfarious blog website because it must be a very common combination of letters in German.

Basically, it has halved my translation speed - but I can't figure out how to disable it.

It is listed in the options under Shortcuts > Help, but no shortcut is given, even though it exists. When I type fast, I can't figure out which combination causes it; on the other hand if I try to figure it out and type more slowly, it doesn't happen.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jan Neumann
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
There doesn't actually... Oct 8, 2015

... seem to be a shortcut assigned to the blog by default so this is very odd. However, I would hazard a guess that if you were to assign one under the keyboard shortcuts in File -> Options then it may well resolve the problem.

Regards

Paul
SDL Community Support

Jan Neumann
Germany
Member (2007)
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Oct 9, 2015

I'll keep you posted if this works
Jan

Shai Navé
Shai Navé  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 10:51
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Do you happen to use the ALT key when you type? Oct 9, 2015

I'm asking because the ALT key shifts the focus to the ribbon, and subsequent key presses might activate certain commands.

Are you using any program launcher, text expansion or search program (like Listary) that might simulate pressing the ALT key as part of its standard operation?

Are you using any Open eXchange apps?

Jan Neumann
Germany
Member (2007)
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Don't use ALT key, no program launchers, etc. Oct 9, 2015

All I have open is Firefox, Acrobat Writer, Word, and Studio.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Disabling shortcuts in Studio 2014 - esp. multifarious

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »