SDL Trados Studio 2014: TM translates less segments than it should
Thread poster: www.WIESIOLEK.eu
www.WIESIOLEK.eu
www.WIESIOLEK.eu
Poland
Local time: 18:23
Oct 9, 2015

I have a problem with SDL Trados Studio 2014.

I hold a translation memory file which is regularly updated by aligning source and translated documents by “Align Documents” function (there is now at least several of them). I always put “Alignment quality value” on 50% level, and I see that many aligned segments go to my TM.

However, when I put next – similar – documents through it, only a few segments turn out to be translated. I would understand if mostly new
... See more
I have a problem with SDL Trados Studio 2014.

I hold a translation memory file which is regularly updated by aligning source and translated documents by “Align Documents” function (there is now at least several of them). I always put “Alignment quality value” on 50% level, and I see that many aligned segments go to my TM.

However, when I put next – similar – documents through it, only a few segments turn out to be translated. I would understand if mostly new phrases/sentences were in the new files, but Trados sometimes doesn’t show even these ones which surely appeared in the previous documents. They are not here in my TM, or they somehow don’t appear in one file while they do in another one.

Could be there any solution to this problem?
Collapse

Roy Oestensen
Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 18:23
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
Try to lower the minimum match value for translation Oct 9, 2015

In Options > Language Pairs > All Language Pairs > Translation Menory > Search I have Minimum value for Translation set at 70%. I doubt that setting the value at 50% at alignment will have any influence here.

Perhaps you have the above value set much higher. In that case I would try to lower it and see if you get more hits.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados Studio 2014: TM translates less segments than it should

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »