RHaeusermann
RHaeusermann  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:17
Member (2012)
German to English
+ ...
Oct 10, 2015

I just experienced an internet outage in my area, and Trados would just crash hard repeatedly if MT Autosuggest is selected in the options.

This is obviously a major flaw. I've lost work and time because of it. Trados should just notify once and keep on working.

Walter Blaser
Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 15:17
French to German
+ ...
Buy a UPS Oct 10, 2015

Power outages are always a problem and the best defense is to buy an uninterruptible power supply. There are smaller models nowadays, which are quite cheap (e.g. from APC) and sufficient to protect even more than just a single PC.

Walter

RHaeusermann
United States
Member (2012)
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
INTERNET outage Oct 10, 2015

Completely missing the point Walter. Nobody is talking about a power outage. I'm talking about an internet outage, which causes Trados to crash.

Eileen Cartoon
Eileen Cartoon  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:17
Italian to English
Are you using it in the Cloud? Oct 10, 2015

If you are, this might be the problem. I don't use the Cloud and have had internet outages but Trados has never crashed.

RHaeusermann
United States
Member (2012)
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No I'm using it in the sun Oct 10, 2015

I thought my description of the problem was easy to understand. I'll make it easier:

Step 1: Trados 2014 + MT Autosuggest + Time Warner Cable
Step 2: Time Warner Cable outage while working
Step 3: Trados crash

[Edited at 2015-10-10 15:56 GMT]

TalTranslations
TalTranslations
United Kingdom
English to Hebrew
No crash when internet connection is lost Oct 12, 2015

RHaeusermann wrote:

I thought my description of the problem was easy to understand. I'll make it easier:

Step 1: Trados 2014 + MT Autosuggest + Time Warner Cable
Step 2: Time Warner Cable outage while working
Step 3: Trados crash

[Edited at 2015-10-10 15:56 GMT]

Here many times a week the internet connection is lost, but my Trados 2014 with MT Autosuggest never crashed.

I just worked now on a segment with MT Autosuggest, pulled out the internet cable to test, but Trados is still there...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2014 crash if internet connection is lost

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »