sdltm memory trados 2011
Thread poster: volgil
volgil
volgil  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:53
Italian to English
+ ...
Oct 10, 2015

HI, this is probably simple stuff for most of you but it's driving me nuts. Usually the agency sends me a package which I click and the memory is already automatically applied. This time I received the sdltm and the sdlxlff but have no idea how to apply the memory to the file. Can anyone jot down the procedure for opening the file and applying the TM sent. Thanks in advance, any help would be much appreciated

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Local time: 15:53
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Try the following, please Oct 10, 2015

Maybe this will help you:

To add or remove a translation memory from your project settings:

1.Select Project > Project Settings from the menu bar. The Project Settings dialog box for the active project is displayed.

2.Select Language Pairs > [Source Language Name - Target Language Name ] > Translation Memory and Automated Translation or select Language Pairs > All Language Pairs > Translation Memory and Automated Translation from the navigation tree.
... See more
Maybe this will help you:

To add or remove a translation memory from your project settings:

1.Select Project > Project Settings from the menu bar. The Project Settings dialog box for the active project is displayed.

2.Select Language Pairs > [Source Language Name - Target Language Name ] > Translation Memory and Automated Translation or select Language Pairs > All Language Pairs > Translation Memory and Automated Translation from the navigation tree. The Translation Memory and Automated Translation settings are displayed on the right.

http://producthelp.sdl.com/SDL%20Trados%20Studio/client_en/Projects_View/Managing_Projects/Editing_Project_Settings/P_Add_or_Remove_a_Translation_Memory.htm

Language Pairs is the place where you can manage the language pairs, TMs, Termbases, AutoSuggest dictionary...

I hope this way you can get your TM added to the sdlxliff file (either you create a new project or you open a document in File menu).

Cheers!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

sdltm memory trados 2011

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »