Spamalot
Austria
Local time: 22:22
Member (2009)
German to English
+ ...
Oct 27, 2015

Hello,
Since the recent SP update for Studio 2015 the AutoSuggest feature is no longer working. I have found 1 post on the SDL site about this issue and the workarounds are not working over here (i.e. recreating a TM and then running the feature).
The error is in the first step of creating an AutoSuggest dictionary, saying * 'type2' attribute is not declared *
There is no way I can guess what that might mean but it happens when the program exports to TMX. When I redo the TM eit
... See more
Hello,
Since the recent SP update for Studio 2015 the AutoSuggest feature is no longer working. I have found 1 post on the SDL site about this issue and the workarounds are not working over here (i.e. recreating a TM and then running the feature).
The error is in the first step of creating an AutoSuggest dictionary, saying * 'type2' attribute is not declared *
There is no way I can guess what that might mean but it happens when the program exports to TMX. When I redo the TM either as an export or a new TM with import, nothing improves.
Does anyone have any idea (roughly) what might be the cause? And/or is there a fix anywhere?
THANKS!
Spamalot
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
type 2 attribute is not declared Oct 27, 2015

Hi,

It is a bug as described here, along with the workaround.

http://xl8.one/f/90/p/5472/19731#19731

Regards

Paul
SDL Community Support

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Clarification - not a problem with AutoSuggest Oct 27, 2015

There is no problem with AutoSuggest, this is still working fine. The problem is with the generation of AutoSuggest Dictionaries for some TMs, just one of the AutoSuggest features.

Regards

Paul
SDL Community Support

Spamalot
Spamalot
Austria
Member (2009)
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Oct 27, 2015

*working* is a flexible term I suppose, but a crucial feature is dysfunctional. Thanks for the info in any case (I was afraid that would be the new workaround, hopefully there will soon be SP2)

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Not really. Oct 27, 2015

If you have an AutoSuggest dictionary it works perfectly. All the other features of AutoSuggest work too. The problem is with a feature that does not come with the Freelance by default and is only for generating AutoSuggest Dictionaries. I completely agree this is a crucial feature for those who use it, but it has nothing to do with whether the AutoSuggest feature works or not, it is just one of the AutoSuggest sources.

For example, these are all AutoSuggest features and they all
... See more
If you have an AutoSuggest dictionary it works perfectly. All the other features of AutoSuggest work too. The problem is with a feature that does not come with the Freelance by default and is only for generating AutoSuggest Dictionaries. I completely agree this is a crucial feature for those who use it, but it has nothing to do with whether the AutoSuggest feature works or not, it is just one of the AutoSuggest sources.

For example, these are all AutoSuggest features and they all work:

So it was just a clarification.

Regards

Paul
SDL Community Support
Collapse

Spamalot
Spamalot
Austria
Member (2009)
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
So, will this work again soon? Nov 26, 2015

Hi again,
The sudden loss of this feature - which I duly purchased ages ago - is not working anymore since the last update of Studio 2015. It was promised that AutoSuggest Dictionary would continue to work, which it did, when I bought the 2015 upgrade. Now it is not working anymore - does this mean I need to repurchase it? Or is this a temporary bug that is being worked on?
I had the same error again when I tried to update my old Dictionaries mostly for very long repetitive compound
... See more
Hi again,
The sudden loss of this feature - which I duly purchased ages ago - is not working anymore since the last update of Studio 2015. It was promised that AutoSuggest Dictionary would continue to work, which it did, when I bought the 2015 upgrade. Now it is not working anymore - does this mean I need to repurchase it? Or is this a temporary bug that is being worked on?
I had the same error again when I tried to update my old Dictionaries mostly for very long repetitive compound phrases and it is not working.
I'd very much appreciate any information you may have!
THANKS!
spamalot
Collapse

Walter Blaser
Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
The problem only occurs with some TMs Nov 26, 2015

spamalot wrote:
Or is this a temporary bug that is being worked on?
I had the same error again when I tried to update my old Dictionaries mostly for very long repetitive compound phrases and it is not working.
I'd very much appreciate any information you may have!
spamalot

Yes, this is a temporary bug and - as described - only occurs if a specific kind of formatting appears in the TM from which you want to create an ASD. It does not affect all users and does not occur with every TM. And I am confident that it will be fixed in the next update.

On the other hand, let me also point out that with Studio 2015 you are much less dependent on this feature, personally I even stopped generating ASDs because the new AutoSuggest 2.0 feature in Studio 2015 now automatically gives you suggestions from the TM(s), which means that you do not necessarily need to have an ASD.

Walter

Dan Lucas
Dan Lucas  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:22
Member (2014)
Japanese to English
ASD Creator no longer required? Nov 30, 2015

Walter Blaser wrote:
On the other hand, let me also point out that with Studio 2015 you are much less dependent on this feature, personally I even stopped generating ASDs because the new AutoSuggest 2.0 feature in Studio 2015 now automatically gives you suggestions from the TM(s), which means that you do not necessarily need to have an ASD.

Walter, that's interesting, so in theory if you have a reasonably large TM you would no longer need the AutoSuggest Dictionary Creator?

I'm considering upgrading to Studio 2015 from 2014, but wanted to wait until the various problems possibly related to AS had been resolved. Hopefully the latest update has achieved that.

Regards
Dan

Walter Blaser
Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
Your assumptions are correct Nov 30, 2015

Dan Lucas wrote:
Walter, that's interesting, so in theory if you have a reasonably large TM you would no longer need the AutoSuggest Dictionary Creator?

This is correct.

Dan Lucas wrote:
I'm considering upgrading to Studio 2015 from 2014, but wanted to wait until the various problems possibly related to AS had been resolved. Hopefully the latest update has achieved that.

Yes, SR1.1 has solved these problems.

Walter

Dan Lucas
Dan Lucas  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:22
Member (2014)
Japanese to English
... Nov 30, 2015

Walter Blaser wrote:
Yes, SR1.1 has solved these problems.

Good to hear, thank you for that.

Dan

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

AutoSuggest in Trados 2015 not working since update

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »