Thread poster: Fep
Fep
Fep
Local time: 20:30
German to French
+ ...
Nov 17, 2015

Hello,

I tried to use the retrofit function following this procedure : http://www.sdl.com/de/video/sdl-trados-studio-2015-retrofit-tutorial/85897/

And I am stuck at the step "update the retrofit file".

Anybody could give me a hint... what is wrong here?

I got this error message :

Method n
... See more
Hello,

I tried to use the retrofit function following this procedure : http://www.sdl.com/de/video/sdl-trados-studio-2015-retrofit-tutorial/85897/

And I am stuck at the step "update the retrofit file".

Anybody could give me a hint... what is wrong here?

I got this error message :

Method not found: 'Sdl.Core.Processing.Alignment.Api.ReverseAlignmentUpdateResults Sdl.Core.Processing.Alignment.Api.AlignmentService.UpdateXliffWithReversedAlignedPackage(System.String, System.String, System.Globalization.CultureInfo, Sdl.LanguagePlatform.Core.Resources.IResourceDataAccessor, System.Collections.Generic.List`1<Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.BilingualApi.IBilingualContentProcessor>, System.EventHandler`1<Sdl.Core.Processing.Alignment.Api.SdlAlignPackageProgressEventArgs`1<Sdl.Core.Processing.Alignment.Api.UpdateSdlxliffPhase>>, System.EventHandler`1<Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.IntegrationApi.MessageEventArgs>)'.

System.MissingMethodException, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089

Sdl.TranslationStudio.AlignmentEditor

SDL Trados Studio
Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard
Service Pack 1
PI-INTRA\frpa
ZHXA124
True
8382808 MB
Collapse

Walter Blaser
Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
It seems that you are working on Remote Desktop Services Nov 17, 2015

As you seem to be working on a RDS server, the first question that arises is: does this happen to other users as well or only to you?

One possible reason could be that the Studio installation on the server has a flaw. I suggest you check this first and if other users have the same problem, ask your IT admin to repair the installation of Studio.

Walter

Fep
Fep
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
doesn't work for others either, but other error message Nov 19, 2015

Thank you for your answer...
My colleague tried it this morning and had the same problem (this time the error message is much longer).
I suppose I will have to ask our IT department. Anything I should tell them to help them know how to proceed? They don't know the program very well...

Methode nicht gefunden: "Sdl.Core.Processing.Alignment.Api.ReverseAlignmentUpdateResults Sdl.Core.Processing.Alignment.Api.AlignmentService.UpdateXliffWithReversedAlignedPackage(Sy
... See more
Thank you for your answer...
My colleague tried it this morning and had the same problem (this time the error message is much longer).
I suppose I will have to ask our IT department. Anything I should tell them to help them know how to proceed? They don't know the program very well...

Methode nicht gefunden: "Sdl.Core.Processing.Alignment.Api.ReverseAlignmentUpdateResults Sdl.Core.Processing.Alignment.Api.AlignmentService.UpdateXliffWithReversedAlignedPackage(System.String, System.String, System.Globalization.CultureInfo, Sdl.LanguagePlatform.Core.Resources.IResourceDataAccessor, System.Collections.Generic.List`1, System.EventHandler`1, System.EventHandler`1)".

System.MissingMethodException, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089

Sdl.TranslationStudio.AlignmentEditor

SDL Trados Studio
Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard
Service Pack 1
PI-INTRA\FLTC
ZHXA123
True
8382808 MB
Collapse

IsaC
IsaC  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Same problem for me Nov 26, 2015

I tried importing a Word file that i had revised in Word, and followed the same tutorial. When I press "Update sdlxliff" file I get more or less the same message.

Is it useful to say that I tried to do this on files that had been processed with SDL Studio 2014? When I activated SDL 2015, it imported all my project structure from Studio 2014. I hence assumed that I would be able to use this feature... which is one of the reasons I chose to upgrade...

thanks for your help
... See more
I tried importing a Word file that i had revised in Word, and followed the same tutorial. When I press "Update sdlxliff" file I get more or less the same message.

Is it useful to say that I tried to do this on files that had been processed with SDL Studio 2014? When I activated SDL 2015, it imported all my project structure from Studio 2014. I hence assumed that I would be able to use this feature... which is one of the reasons I chose to upgrade...

thanks for your help!
isabelle
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

error retrofit can't update sdlxliff file

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »