Thread poster: Francesco Varotto
Francesco Varotto
Francesco Varotto  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:15
Member (2021)
English to Italian
+ ...
Nov 24, 2015

I recently updated my SDL Trados Studio 2014 to the 2015 version.
I noticed that the file type for Indesign files is still not able to open the idml files created using Indesign CC 2015 while, as the 2014 version, it can open the idml files created using Indesign CC 2014.
I know there is a workaround to this issue using the feature "Process unsupported file versions" in the Common area of the File type settings, but I don't know if this method is safe for handling the files.
I
... See more
I recently updated my SDL Trados Studio 2014 to the 2015 version.
I noticed that the file type for Indesign files is still not able to open the idml files created using Indesign CC 2015 while, as the 2014 version, it can open the idml files created using Indesign CC 2014.
I know there is a workaround to this issue using the feature "Process unsupported file versions" in the Common area of the File type settings, but I don't know if this method is safe for handling the files.
I wonder if in a future update of the 2015 version this specific File type will be updated too and meanwhile I would like to know it the workaround listed above can guarantee that the translated idml file will correspond to the original one without losing any feature.
Thank you
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

File Type for Indesign CC 2015 idml files

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »