Maja_K
Maja_K  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 03:46
Member (2013)
English to Macedonian
+ ...
Nov 29, 2015

Can someone please instruct me on how I can change the value of a field in the target?

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)
Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 08:46
English to Thai
+ ...
Tag texts Nov 29, 2015

Maja_K wrote:

Can someone please instruct me on how I can change the value of a field in the target?

I understand that you want to modify the tag texts. There is Trados Option to enable or disable tag change out there. Please see the Trados Help File for this (generally non -translatable text) setting.

Soonthon L.

Maja_K
Maja_K  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2013)
English to Macedonian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
@Soonthon Nov 29, 2015

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.) wrote:

Maja_K wrote:

I understand that you want to modify the tag texts. There is Trados Option to enable or disable tag change out there. Please see the Trados Help File for this (generally non -translatable text) setting.

Soonthon L.

No, I can't seem to get around the "problem", I really need help on this one.

Walter Blaser
Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
What file format are you working on? Nov 30, 2015

Hi Maja

You cannot change this value here in this segment because it is only a reference.

What type of document are you working on? Word, Excel, ... ?
You may try to set the option to include the "File Properties" in the editable document (in "File - Options - File Types - the respective format of your source document).
This might then show the field that contains this text in your Editor, so that you can change it there.

Walter

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Change value of a field in target

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »