Xavier Amouyal  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 08:18
Member (2013)
English to French
+ ...
Nov 30, 2015

Hi everyone,
I am not too impressed by ads for Trados 2015, however there is one thing I would like to know:
in Trados 2014, when I open a project package and have to choose a path for the project folder, I have to click on Browse if I want to modify the suggested default path, but I cannot write the path by myself in the line where the default path is written - sometimes it is a waste of time considering that I usually need to modify one character only in the path whereas browsing t
... See more
Hi everyone,
I am not too impressed by ads for Trados 2015, however there is one thing I would like to know:
in Trados 2014, when I open a project package and have to choose a path for the project folder, I have to click on Browse if I want to modify the suggested default path, but I cannot write the path by myself in the line where the default path is written - sometimes it is a waste of time considering that I usually need to modify one character only in the path whereas browsing the folders and creating a new folder with the correct name can be somewhat cumbersome.
Has that been corrected in Trados 2015? It was ok in Trados 2011 but for some reason Trados 2014 got it wrong.
Any information will be welcome!
Xavier
Collapse

Walter Blaser
Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 07:18
French to German
+ ...
Still the same but .... Nov 30, 2015

... simply editing the path would not work anyway because you need to create a new folder.
This means that if you could simply edit the path (which you can still do now in the Windows Explorer after having clicked on "Browse"), Studio would need to prompt you asking "Do you want to create a new folder with this path?".

Walter

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Writing project folder path with packages in Trados 2015

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »