monica.m
monica.m
Italy
Local time: 14:45
Member (2011)
German to Italian
+ ...
Jan 24, 2016

Target font size of Studio 2015 is really small.

I repeated several times the procedure to increase font size without success.
I succeed in changing font size in source column.

Can somebody help me please? I'm afraid it's too hard to work with such a small font size.

Monica

"Font Adaptation
Use these settings to resize the font (text) in the source and target segments in Editor window.

Adapt font sizes
... See more
Target font size of Studio 2015 is really small.

I repeated several times the procedure to increase font size without success.
I succeed in changing font size in source column.

Can somebody help me please? I'm afraid it's too hard to work with such a small font size.

Monica

"Font Adaptation
Use these settings to resize the font (text) in the source and target segments in Editor window.

Adapt font sizes
Select this if you want SDL Trados Studio to resize fonts.

Minimum target font size
Studio displays all text in this font size or larger in the target language segments. Smaller text is displayed in this font size.

Maximum target font size
Studio displays all text in this font size or smaller in the target language segments. Larger text is displayed in this font size.>
Collapse

Bob Scott
Bob Scott  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:45
Member (2013)
French to English
+ ...
How to increase font sizes automatically Jan 24, 2016

Hi Monica,

In Studio, go to File > Options > Editor > Font Adaptation, check the Adapt font sizes box, then enter the minimum point sizes you want. No restart necessary.

Hope this helps.

Bob

monica.m
monica.m
Italy
Member (2011)
German to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Unfortunately it doesn't work. Jan 24, 2016

Thank you Bob.

Unfortunately these steps don't work.

I repeated them several times.

There must be a bug.

Bob Scott wrote:

Hi Monica,

In Studio, go to File > Options > Editor > Font Adaptation, check the Adapt font sizes box, then enter the minimum point sizes you want. No restart necessary.

Hope this helps.

Bob

Walter Blaser
Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
You can dynamically adjust the font size Jan 24, 2016

Monica

Instead of using the option suggested before, please go to the "View" section of the ribbon, (while you are in the Editor) into the section "Font Adaptation" on the far right of the ribbon. You'll see 3 icons: click on the first one to activate the font change, then click on the second one (with the arrow upwards) to increase the size. Each click increases the size, do this until you see the size that fits you. The third one allows you to reduce the size again, also stepwise.
... See more
Monica

Instead of using the option suggested before, please go to the "View" section of the ribbon, (while you are in the Editor) into the section "Font Adaptation" on the far right of the ribbon. You'll see 3 icons: click on the first one to activate the font change, then click on the second one (with the arrow upwards) to increase the size. Each click increases the size, do this until you see the size that fits you. The third one allows you to reduce the size again, also stepwise.
If you click again on the first one to deactivate it, Studio reverts back to the default font size.

Walter
Collapse

Ulrich Schramm

monica.m
monica.m
Italy
Member (2011)
German to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Walter, Jan 24, 2016

It finally works..!

Have a nice Sunday!

Monica

Walter Blaser wrote:

Monica

If you click again on the first one to deactivate it, Studio reverts back to the default font size.

Walter

Ulrich Schramm

Annamaria Sondrio (X)
Annamaria Sondrio (X)  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
Had the same issue Jan 25, 2016

I was changing only the font size in the source as the window had to be maximized in order to view the settings for both source and target.

milena ferrante
milena ferrante  Identity Verified
Member (2006)
English to Italian
+ ...
Great tip! Jul 27, 2016

Walter with this tip you saved my life...I looked everywhere since not any procedure worked....a virtual coffee!!!

Walter Blaser wrote:

Monica

Walter

Marta Brambilla
Marta Brambilla  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Member (2007)
German to Italian
+ ...
Thank you!!! Oct 9, 2016

Hi Walter!
Thank you so much - I had the same problem as Monika and was able to solve it with your help!
Happy Sunday
Marta B.

Walter Blaser wrote:

Monica

Walter

María Leonor Acevedo-Miranda
María Leonor Acevedo-Miranda  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:45
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Thank you so much Jun 17, 2019

It worked 100%. So, so useful

again thank you so much

Bob Scott wrote:

Hi Monica,

Hope this helps.

Bob

Ulrich Schramm
Ulrich Schramm
Italy
Italian to German
+ ...
It works, Walter, thank you - But I wish something more Nov 23, 2019

Thank you Walter! At SDL you really don't know anymore where to change something to get it right. Your tip is great.
But I can't get exactly the right size. Either it's too small, or it's too big for me. OK, but I just live with it.
It's a pity that SDL doesn't bother so much with the editor (the editor, that's the wheels of a car for a CAT I think).
Thank you again Walter!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Font size in Trados Studio 2015

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »