Tomas Pospisil
Tomas Pospisil
Czech Republic
Local time: 04:30
Member (2017)
English to Czech
Feb 11, 2016

Hello,

I need to change some words (for example this: __price__) into a tag in Trados Studio so as to be non translatable. Do someone know how to do it?
I know it is possible, but I dont know where can I do it.

I know its possible to create a termbase with this word, but the way to change the word in tag is better as you can check it easily that its there as a tag.

Example: "Book this flight for __price__"
"__price__" needs to be changed into t
... See more
Hello,

I need to change some words (for example this: __price__) into a tag in Trados Studio so as to be non translatable. Do someone know how to do it?
I know it is possible, but I dont know where can I do it.

I know its possible to create a termbase with this word, but the way to change the word in tag is better as you can check it easily that its there as a tag.

Example: "Book this flight for __price__"
"__price__" needs to be changed into tag so as translator just copy it into the target without editing.

Thank you very much!
Collapse

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 04:30
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
Variables Feb 11, 2016

How about defining them as variables?
Go to your project settings (if you're already working on a file), go to translation memory, highlight it and click "settings". Select "language resources", "Variable list" and add the terms.

Now these non-translatables will be highlighted in the source segments with blue brackets underneath. Transfer them to the target side by selecting them with the shortcut Ctrl+comma.

Maybe this would work?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

change some word to become a tag in string

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »