Teresa Lopes
Teresa Lopes  Identity Verified
Portugal
Member (2011)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Feb 13, 2016

Hi!
I have SDL Studio 2015 working on Windows 10.
One of my customers usually sends a .stppk package that includes dozens of languages, from western to asiatic, usually more than 20.
With Studio 11 and before Windows 10 I always managed to open the package, would pick just my language and then would work on it, returning the individual sdlxliff file.
After SDL 2015 and Windows 10, whenever I try to open such a package I always get all the normal messages saying that th
... See more
Hi!
I have SDL Studio 2015 working on Windows 10.
One of my customers usually sends a .stppk package that includes dozens of languages, from western to asiatic, usually more than 20.
With Studio 11 and before Windows 10 I always managed to open the package, would pick just my language and then would work on it, returning the individual sdlxliff file.
After SDL 2015 and Windows 10, whenever I try to open such a package I always get all the normal messages saying that the package is being unpacked, etc.. etc... verifying wordcount and a few other similar steps that go on automatically and then it stops suddenly with the error "object reference not set to an instance of an object"
I'm not sure if it all started with SDL Studio 2015 or with Windows 10 because I had both installed almost at the same time.
I have tried those solutions that include deleting the xml file (BaseSettings, etc.) but it didn't work.
Any ideas on this?
Thank you all!
Collapse

Daniela Nisi
Daniela Nisi  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 21:23
Member (2015)
Italian to French
+ ...
Try to solve the problem like this Feb 13, 2016

Hi,it happened to me with studio2014 and you have to go on View and then click on Reset Window Layout.

Teresa Lopes
Portugal
Member (2011)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
still the same issue Feb 13, 2016

thank you but it didn't solve the problem.

The situation is on the Open package window. I choose !"Open package" and then the "Open package window" will pop-up with the following messages:
Preparing package for import

Adding files
Converting files to sdlxliff format
Updating word count
Calculating translation progress
Processing translation progress
Object reference not set to an instance of an object

and it stops there..
... See more
thank you but it didn't solve the problem.

The situation is on the Open package window. I choose !"Open package" and then the "Open package window" will pop-up with the following messages:
Preparing package for import

Adding files
Converting files to sdlxliff format
Updating word count
Calculating translation progress
Processing translation progress
Object reference not set to an instance of an object

and it stops there... I never manage to go into any other view or do anything else. It just stays there with that window open and I have to cancel and withdraw. I never even manage to see the files.
Collapse

Walter Blaser
Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 21:23
French to German
+ ...
Are you sure this is a Studio package? Feb 14, 2016

Teresa Lopes wrote:

Teresa

Is this a Studio package? I ask because Studio packages have the file extension .sdlppx and not .stppk.

And why do you have so many languages in the package? Usually, the PM who creates the package includes only the language pair that you are supposed to translate.

I guess something is wrong here, also because you get the message "Converting files to SDLXLIFF format". This does not happen with a Studio package because the files in the package are already bilingual.

Pls check with your client what he did send you.
Walter

P.S.: I just found out that this is a SDL TMS package and you should normally be able to open it from Studio.

[Bearbeitet am 2016-02-14 10:01 GMT]

Teresa Lopes
Portugal
Member (2011)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Not sure... Feb 14, 2016

I'm not absolutely sure but this same client always sent me these packages and I used to open them without problems when I had Studio 2011. The problem only came up with Studio 2015 and/or Windows 10.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

object reference not set to an instance of an object

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »