Studio 2015, Why "Quick Add New Term" still opens Termbase Viewer?
Thread poster: Heloísa Helena Benetton Costa
Heloísa Helena Benetton Costa
Heloísa Helena Benetton Costa  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 13:11
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Mar 30, 2016

Hello everyone!

I'm happy with the new Studio 2015 SR2. But I'm wondering why the "Quick Add New Term" function still opens que Termbase Viewer. Wasn't it supposed to add the terms instantly, without having to edit/save each term first? Do I have to configure the behaviour somewhere?

Thank you in advance!

Heloisa

Dan Lucas
Dan Lucas  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:11
Member (2014)
Japanese to English
Focus switch Mar 30, 2016

Heloísa Helena Benetton Costa wrote:
But I'm wondering why the "Quick Add New Term" function still opens que Termbase Viewer.

That's a good point. Although I haven't really thought about it before I too would like the term addition to happen invisibly, without Studio switching the focus to the Termbase Viewer window.

Dan

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:11
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
agree Aug 20, 2016

Just asked about this over @ https://community.sdl.com/products-solutions/solutions/customer_experience_cloud/language/translationproductivity/f/90/t/8214

I would also like the Termbase Viewer not to steal focus. Also, what is the difference between

Quick Add New Term + Add New Term?
... See more
Just asked about this over @ https://community.sdl.com/products-solutions/solutions/customer_experience_cloud/language/translationproductivity/f/90/t/8214

I would also like the Termbase Viewer not to steal focus. Also, what is the difference between

They seem to do the same thing.

Michael
Collapse

Erik Freitag
Erik Freitag  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 17:11
Member (2006)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Quick add new term Aug 21, 2016

Michael Joseph Wdowiak Beijer wrote:

They seem to do the same thing.

Michael

With Quick Add New Term, the term pair will be saved automatically, while with Add New Term, you still have to click on save.

I agree that the focus should not be given to the termbase viewer, at least not when using Quick Add New Term.

Heloísa Helena Benetton Costa
Heloísa Helena Benetton Costa  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 13:11
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Agree! Aug 21, 2016

Michael, when you receive the answer from SDL, please let us know!
Thank you!
Heloisa

Walter Blaser
Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 17:11
French to German
+ ...
Termbase Viewer window will close automatically Aug 23, 2016

Hi all

Personally, I appreciate the fact that "Quick Add new term" still opens the window because it allows me to do a quick visual check. If everything is correct, I don't need to do anything else than moving the cursor out of the window, which will close it (because it is a self-retracting window).
This is now very fast, so I don't see any disadvantage in this.

Walter

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 19:11
English to Russian
It's easy... Aug 25, 2016

When you click on the save icon, it's Add new term.
When you click on somewhere else, it's Quick add new term.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2015, Why "Quick Add New Term" still opens Termbase Viewer?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »