Thread poster: Saniye Boran
Saniye Boran
Saniye Boran  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:54
English to Turkish
+ ...
Apr 17, 2016

Hi,
I need to login to my account at sdl.com but it seems it is not working. Has anyone had a similar issue..? And, could it be a temporary issue?
Thanks
S.

[Edited at 2016-04-17 20:58 GMT]

[Edited at 2016-04-17 21:19 GMT]

Ivan Bertrand
Ivan Bertrand  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 22:54
English to French
yes i have a similar problem for the APP store Apr 17, 2016

well first of all the SDL APPSTORE appears srtrange, when I want to see the all the best downloads noting appears like he bottom of the screen is blank,
then I tried to login from the SDL APPSTORE and it would not do it.
If I login from sdl.com this works fine?
Have your guys changed the interface of the appstore?

Saniye Boran
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks.. Apr 17, 2016

I have ben trying for the last few hours... but could not login. Will try in the morning... Thanks again:)

[Edited at 2016-04-17 21:00 GMT]

Anna Sigurdsson

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
Try a different browser Apr 17, 2016

Since years the SDL website has not been optimized for some popular browsers. Try IE or Firefox.

SDL_ Thomas (X)
SDL_ Thomas (X)
Germany
Help via the Chat Facility Apr 18, 2016

Hello Sanye,

see the following Article when having problems accessing your SDL Account
http://kb.sdl.com/kb/article?ArticleId=4667&source=Article&c=12&cid=23

Alternatively you may want to vist our Chat Facility where we can look into you
... See more
Hello Sanye,

see the following Article when having problems accessing your SDL Account
http://kb.sdl.com/kb/article?ArticleId=4667&source=Article&c=12&cid=23

Alternatively you may want to vist our Chat Facility where we can look into your issue immediately
www.sdl.com/CXDesk
(Monday to Friday, 9am – 5.00 pm)

Greetings SDL_Thomas
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Which don't work? Apr 18, 2016

Natalie wrote:

Since years the SDL website has not been optimized for some popular browsers. Try IE or Firefox.

Hi Natalie,

I can use Chrome (my default), firefox and IE without any problems. Haven't tested Edge as I don't use W10.

Perhaps try clearing your cache and try again. I can tell you we are working on a few things that cropped up after changing the site last week, but most of the issues are all resolved now. If you sill don't get anywhere after trying this you could contact http://bit.ly/SDLChat

Regards

Paul
Why not try the new SDL Community

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
Opera Apr 18, 2016

Hi Paul,

We keep returning to this issue over and over again

This is definitely not only my issue, because you can find at least a dozen of posts similar to this thread in this forum when people are unable to open SDL website or download something, and changing the browser helps.

I personally use Opera as my default browser and am not going to change this. I keep several other browsers, of co
... See more
Hi Paul,

We keep returning to this issue over and over again

This is definitely not only my issue, because you can find at least a dozen of posts similar to this thread in this forum when people are unable to open SDL website or download something, and changing the browser helps.

I personally use Opera as my default browser and am not going to change this. I keep several other browsers, of course (IE, Edge, Firefox) just for cases like this. For example, many Polish websites are optimized for IE only so using IE from time to time is a must.

We have already discussed this with you (here, in the forum, at least twice in the past), and I have also discussed this in chat with SDL representative, but nothing changes. During last chat (on Friday evening, if I am not mistaken) I told SDL representative that it would be advisable to place at least a note that your website is optimized for this and this website while it may not work correctly with others. I personally know this since years, so I always switch to Firefox before visiting SDL website.

Natalia
Collapse

Saniye Boran
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Not very happy... Apr 19, 2016

Thank you all for your replies.

As I guessed, the login issue was resolved in the morning miraculously, and I was able to login to my account first in Safari, then in Chrome etc. therefore it seems the issue was not about the browsers but the site itself.

I have to say, I have never been a fan of SDL's website. It is not straight forward. There are a lot of irrelevant information, and it is very difficult for one to find what they want... and as a freelancer, if their
... See more
Thank you all for your replies.

As I guessed, the login issue was resolved in the morning miraculously, and I was able to login to my account first in Safari, then in Chrome etc. therefore it seems the issue was not about the browsers but the site itself.

I have to say, I have never been a fan of SDL's website. It is not straight forward. There are a lot of irrelevant information, and it is very difficult for one to find what they want... and as a freelancer, if their tools were not required by some clients I would not probably bother checking it at all...

Then again, my complaint is not even about that... Yesterday, I had a licensed and working copy for Studio 2015 Freelancer Limited version with 144 days to go in one of my laptops, but when I tried to move my app and licence to my new laptop (after properly deactivating the licence) it did not work. I ended up with the Starter Version in Trial Mode for 30 days, and after re-activating my license I was told I had 365 days of the Starter Version in trial mode!

The whole thing seems impossible... Now my 144 days of licence is in use for a free trial for 356 days and I have to buy the Freelancer version again to meet my deadline...

And the most annoying thing is not being able to find anyone for help...

No... I am not happy at all..

[Edited at 2016-04-19 04:49 GMT]

[Edited at 2016-04-19 04:50 GMT]

[Edited at 2016-04-19 04:52 GMT]
Collapse

SDL_Steve
SDL_Steve  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:54
English to Arabic
Starter License Apr 19, 2016

Dear Sanye,

Although I am unable to check the exact version you are running- your description would however indicate that you are running either a Studio STARTER version which is a yearly subscription based model or indeed maybe a time limited STUDENT license.
(please provide the 6 digit order so that I can check for sure).
When you transfer a licence to another PC- its absolutely essential that you first DEACTIVATE/RETURN from the 'old' PC before you can activate on a n
... See more
Dear Sanye,

Although I am unable to check the exact version you are running- your description would however indicate that you are running either a Studio STARTER version which is a yearly subscription based model or indeed maybe a time limited STUDENT license.
(please provide the 6 digit order so that I can check for sure).
When you transfer a licence to another PC- its absolutely essential that you first DEACTIVATE/RETURN from the 'old' PC before you can activate on a new PC.
You can do this as many times as you need and is very simple and takes just a few seconds.
Once I have your 6 digit order number I can the status of your license- advise on the next steps and provide any unnecessary license purchase refund.

We can indeed be contacted in many ways - the easiest I have listed below for you.

You can always contact us LIVE
http://bit.ly/SDLChat (Mon-Fr - 9-5) or leave an offline message.
My team are here to help with all licensing and installation issues and general questions that are too techy.

If you have technical questions (and don't have a support contract)- you can get help FREE of charge in our fantastic SDL Community- http://xl8.one

For direct license reset requests
http://support.xl8.one

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards

Steve
Collapse

alex suhoy
alex suhoy  Identity Verified
Ukraine
English to Russian
+ ...
SDL Trados 2014 May 22, 2016

I have problem with SDL Trados 2014.
Set up dinnot complete. The erros is:Package" Suite repair utility could not be installed. Error number:-1.
Why? What is?

SDL_Guillaume
SDL_Guillaume
Local time: 21:54
Error number: -1. May 23, 2016

alex suhoy wrote:

I have problem with SDL Trados 2014.
Set up dinnot complete. The erros is:Package" Suite repair utility could not be installed. Error number:-1.
Why? What is?

Dear Ms Suhoy,

This is Guillaume from SDL.

We have an article about this error message in our Knowledge Base, with resolutions: http://kb.sdl.com/#tab:homeTab:crumb:7:artId:4948

Kind regards,

Guillaume

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I cannot login to my account in sdl.com

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »