Choice of languages in Freelance Plus
Thread poster: annemieke van orshoven
annemieke van orshoven
annemieke van orshoven  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:08
Italian to Dutch
+ ...
May 4, 2016

I guess the answer to this question will be a strong "NO", but.. With Trados Studio Freelance Plus, so 2 licences on 2 different PC's, is it possible to set different sets of languages or is this choice made "on top" and thus the same for both installations???

IrimiConsulting
IrimiConsulting  Identity Verified
Sweden
Member (2010)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Yes! May 7, 2016

You can use different language sets on them. I am.

Christine Andersen
Christine Andersen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Member (2003)
Danish to English
+ ...
I have a total of six languages May 7, 2016

There is no 'connection' between the two computers that forces you to use the same languages on both.

You can choose five languages on each to suit yourself.

I have English, Danish, Norwegian and Swedish on both my computers, as these are my serious working languages. I have German on my desktop computer - I have occasionally opened a file translated into German by a colleague to compare it with my own translation into English.

On my laptop, the fifth langu
... See more
There is no 'connection' between the two computers that forces you to use the same languages on both.

You can choose five languages on each to suit yourself.

I have English, Danish, Norwegian and Swedish on both my computers, as these are my serious working languages. I have German on my desktop computer - I have occasionally opened a file translated into German by a colleague to compare it with my own translation into English.

On my laptop, the fifth language is French - I once translated some texts for a friend from French. Really it is only to use all five languages - I never seriously work with French, although in theory I could.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Choice of languages in Freelance Plus

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »