Anne-Sophie Cardinal  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 09:31
Member (2007)
English to French
+ ...
May 4, 2016

Hello,

I am using the SDL 2011 version. For a proofreading project (EN>FR), one of my clients is asking me to work on SDL 2014-2015.
They said they can "loan" me the licence. I cannot seem to activate it. On my SDL interface, I clicked on 'Product activation', then 'Deactivated' my current licence, in hopes that I could just insert the new code lent by my client.... but I get an error message, saying the code should not have any letter characters, etc.

Is there s
... See more
Hello,

I am using the SDL 2011 version. For a proofreading project (EN>FR), one of my clients is asking me to work on SDL 2014-2015.
They said they can "loan" me the licence. I cannot seem to activate it. On my SDL interface, I clicked on 'Product activation', then 'Deactivated' my current licence, in hopes that I could just insert the new code lent by my client.... but I get an error message, saying the code should not have any letter characters, etc.

Is there something simple I am missing? Should I uninstall SDL 2011 and try to install 2014 (while all I have is the activation code my client gave me....).

Do you recommend a way to do this?

(I am a bit desperate because my deadline is tomorrow morning and my client is not responding anymore due to time difference!).

THANK YOU!!

Anne-Sophie

[Edited at 2016-05-04 22:06 GMT]
Collapse

Anne-Sophie Cardinal
Anne-Sophie Cardinal  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 09:31
Member (2007)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
PROBLEM SOLVED! May 5, 2016

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL 2014 loaned by my client, but issue with activation! :(((

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »