MS SQL 2012 SDLSYSTEM DB SIZE
Thread poster: enistekin
enistekin
enistekin
Türkiye
May 20, 2016

We are currently using MS SQL 2012 for SDL STUDIO 2014 Database management on the existing server. As you may see from the attachment, the size of our database named "SDLSYSTEM" is too much biger than the other usual databases and event though we have set our database recovery model to Simple mode, the said size has not all that been decreased. In the general meaning, we do not haev a huge problem, but this affects the startup and termination speeds of the Sdl and MS Sql services, as well as the... See more
We are currently using MS SQL 2012 for SDL STUDIO 2014 Database management on the existing server. As you may see from the attachment, the size of our database named "SDLSYSTEM" is too much biger than the other usual databases and event though we have set our database recovery model to Simple mode, the said size has not all that been decreased. In the general meaning, we do not haev a huge problem, but this affects the startup and termination speeds of the Sdl and MS Sql services, as well as the backup times and backup sizes. Regarding the foregoing, I kindly ask you to share your opinion and advice with me in this matter.Collapse

Walter Blaser
Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 08:30
French to German
+ ...
No attachment to be seen May 30, 2016

Hi

I can't see any attachment nor link in your post.

The question you raise is related to a GroupShare installation and I therefore suggest that you submit it in the form of a support ticket to the SDL support.

As a general hint, you may split your TMs onto more than one container, this will reduce the size of your databases because every container corresponds to a physical SQL DB.

This forum is mainly meant to address client (Studio and Mult
... See more
Hi

I can't see any attachment nor link in your post.

The question you raise is related to a GroupShare installation and I therefore suggest that you submit it in the form of a support ticket to the SDL support.

As a general hint, you may split your TMs onto more than one container, this will reduce the size of your databases because every container corresponds to a physical SQL DB.

This forum is mainly meant to address client (Studio and MultiTerm) related issues.

Walter
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MS SQL 2012 SDLSYSTEM DB SIZE

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »