SDL Trados Studio 2015: Server-based TMs do not return any matches.
Thread poster: Vladimir Pochinov
Vladimir Pochinov
Vladimir Pochinov  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 01:26
English to Russian
May 21, 2016

When I try to use a server-based TM, the system returns the "No matches found" message in the 'Translation Results' window. Also, it returns "There was a problem whilst translating. See the Messages Window for more information" error message in the same window. In the 'Messages Window' I have the following error message:

"An error has occurred whilst using the translation provider [TM name]. The formatter threw an exception while trying to deserialize the message: There was an error
... See more
When I try to use a server-based TM, the system returns the "No matches found" message in the 'Translation Results' window. Also, it returns "There was a problem whilst translating. See the Messages Window for more information" error message in the same window. In the 'Messages Window' I have the following error message:

"An error has occurred whilst using the translation provider [TM name]. The formatter threw an exception while trying to deserialize the message: There was an error while trying to deserialize parameter http://sdl.com/languageplatform/2010:settings. The InnerException message was 'Invalid enum value 'Never' cannot be deserialized into type 'Sdl.LanguagePlatform.TranslationMemory.MachineTranslationLookupMode'. Ensure that the necessary enum values are present and are marked with EnumMemberAttribute attribute if the type has DataContractAttribute attribute.'. Please see InnerException for more details."

By the way, file-based (local) TMs are fully operational.

I have failed to find any information on this issue in the SDL Knowledgebase or elsewhere. I would appreciate any advice on how to deal with this.

Version: SDL Trados Studio 2015 SR2 (Professional) - 12.2.5099.5
Collapse

Walter Blaser
Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
Have a look at KB article 6335 May 30, 2016

http://kb.sdl.com/kb/article?ArticleId=6335&source=Article&c=12&cid=23

to see if this addresses your problem.

Also check if you client version of Studio is compatible with the version of your G
... See more
http://kb.sdl.com/kb/article?ArticleId=6335&source=Article&c=12&cid=23

to see if this addresses your problem.

Also check if you client version of Studio is compatible with the version of your GroupShare server as described here:
http://kb.sdl.com/kb/article?ArticleId=5028&source=Article&c=12&cid=23

Walter
Collapse

Vladimir Pochinov
Vladimir Pochinov  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
English to Russian
TOPIC STARTER
Existing SDL Knowledgebase articles are not relevant May 31, 2016

Hi Walter,

Thank you for pointing me to SDL KB 6335 and 5028. However, as I mentioned, I had already reviewed SDL KB resources, and failed to identify any relevant topics.

Also, as I mentioned, I use the most recent versions of relevant software:

SDL Trados Studio 2015 SR2 (Professional) - 12.2.5099.5
SDL Studio GroupShare Cloud - maintained and updated by SDL, as required

[Edited at 2016-05-31 05:29 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados Studio 2015: Server-based TMs do not return any matches.

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »