Thread poster: Teresa Woischiski
Teresa Woischiski
Teresa Woischiski  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 14:51
English to German
+ ...
May 25, 2016

I have recently taken the Mulitterm Webinar. I understood it well but have one very basic question:

after having started a new Termbase, I want to open it in Trados, to use it on my ongoing translation.
I have tried to, but it does not work.

sdltb, mtd, all formats. It just does not load.

Can anyone explain me the steps?

Thanks a lot,
Teresa

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)
Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 20:51
English to Thai
+ ...
Trados Options May 25, 2016

Teresa Woischiski wrote:

I have recently taken the Mulitterm Webinar. I understood it well but have one very basic question:

after having started a new Termbase, I want to open it in Trados, to use it on my ongoing translation.
I have tried to, but it does not work.

You need to open the Trados Home menu > Options > Language pair > [select TM, select TermBase].
MultiTerm is independent of Trados but it shares the TermBase with Trados for translation.

Soonthon L.

SDL_ Thomas (X)
SDL_ Thomas (X)
Germany
How to Add Multiterm Termbases to Studio May 25, 2016

Dear Teresa

Thank you for posting here in Proz.
Have you added a Termbase to your Translation? You could add a Termbase for the general Setup in Studio -> File -> Options -> Language Pairs -> All Language Pairs -> Termbases
For general technical enquiries regarding Studio please feel free to join our SDL Community https://community.sdl.com/ The community is free of charge and is staff
... See more
Dear Teresa

Thank you for posting here in Proz.
Have you added a Termbase to your Translation? You could add a Termbase for the general Setup in Studio -> File -> Options -> Language Pairs -> All Language Pairs -> Termbases
For general technical enquiries regarding Studio please feel free to join our SDL Community https://community.sdl.com/ The community is free of charge and is staffed by industry and SDL professionals.

I am sure that we will be able to help you in the community.

Kind Regards

SDL_Thomas
Collapse

Teresa Woischiski
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
still not working May 25, 2016

Thank you both a lot. I have done that now. It should work..but it doesn't. I have added my termbank, clicked ok but still nothing. Do I have to active anything IN Trados after that?

Thanks a lot.

Teresa Woischiski
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
IT WORKED May 25, 2016

IT WORKED! I clicked open termbase on the right window IN the editor now. Instead of on the left: options...

Thanks so much!

All the best,
Teresa

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to work with Multiterm in Trados during translation

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »