Bashir Baqi
Bashir Baqi  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 14:41
Member (2015)
English to Persian (Farsi)
+ ...
May 29, 2016

hello dear friends, I did a project in trados 2015, now I want to save target file and trados shows tag error and does not save target file, I want to save the file regardless of this tag error, how can I do that please?

Frank Zou
Frank Zou  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 19:41
Member (2016)
Chinese to English
+ ...
Add tags back May 30, 2016

As far as I know, there's no solution other than adding the missing tags in the target translation unit.

Walter Blaser
Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 13:41
French to German
+ ...
There is a good reason why tags need to be transferred May 30, 2016

Bashir

Not transferring the tags may give unpredictable results, as they contain the layout/formatting information required to generate the target document. This is why tags should always be transferred from source to target and why Studio checks that this has been done properly.

You did not mention which file format is concerned. For Word, SDL has introduced a new filetype labelled "Microsoft Word 2007-2016", which has an option to allow the target file to be generated
... See more
Bashir

Not transferring the tags may give unpredictable results, as they contain the layout/formatting information required to generate the target document. This is why tags should always be transferred from source to target and why Studio checks that this has been done properly.

You did not mention which file format is concerned. For Word, SDL has introduced a new filetype labelled "Microsoft Word 2007-2016", which has an option to allow the target file to be generated even in the presence of tag errors. You can choose what happens if tags are missing or wrong, for example to write the source text into the target document for the concerned segments.

You'll find this option in "File - Options - File Types - Microsoft Word 2007-2016 - When an issue with inline tags is found".

Walter

[Bearbeitet am 2016-05-30 19:29 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

how to save target file regardless of tag error in Trados 2015

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »