Thread poster: Kamil Gałczyński
Kamil Gałczyński
Kamil Gałczyński  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 08:44
German to Polish
Jun 1, 2016

Dear SDL Team.
I've launched Studio 2015. And I have one simple question: do you all thinks, the light color scheme is OBLIGATORY for all applications? I can choose White, Light Grey and Dark Grey. Even not BLACK like in Studio 2011, but GREY. Do you now, how stressful is for eyes staring for 15 hours into such bright screen? Did you even think about it during programming your new product?!
I'm a weird person. My system color scheme is based on dark colors (black, dark blue and so o
... See more
Dear SDL Team.
I've launched Studio 2015. And I have one simple question: do you all thinks, the light color scheme is OBLIGATORY for all applications? I can choose White, Light Grey and Dark Grey. Even not BLACK like in Studio 2011, but GREY. Do you now, how stressful is for eyes staring for 15 hours into such bright screen? Did you even think about it during programming your new product?!
I'm a weird person. My system color scheme is based on dark colors (black, dark blue and so on). But this is the best solution for my tired eyes. Please do such test: stare for one hour at word document with "normal" color scheme (white background / black letters) and then at the same document but with dark blue background and light yellow letter. Then compare, when you had bigger eye pain. So I ask you: it is possible to customize ALL colors in Studio 2015? Or can you reprogram Studio 2015 in such way, it will be possible to change this mess bright scheme into dark scheme? Please!
Collapse

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
Customize it Jun 1, 2016

In Studio:
File - Options - Colors

In the opened window look for the "Background color:" (at the very top), click the arrow, choose the "Customize" tab and enter whatever color you want (mine, for example is "215; 230; 215" - a light greyish/greenish fade, very pleasant for eyes).

P.S. If you have Win10 you may want to change this for the whole system; at present this can be done through editing the registers, but doing this is quite easy. This would allow you to
... See more
In Studio:
File - Options - Colors

In the opened window look for the "Background color:" (at the very top), click the arrow, choose the "Customize" tab and enter whatever color you want (mine, for example is "215; 230; 215" - a light greyish/greenish fade, very pleasant for eyes).

P.S. If you have Win10 you may want to change this for the whole system; at present this can be done through editing the registers, but doing this is quite easy. This would allow you to use your favorite background colors in all applications (for example, Word, etc.)

[Edited at 2016-06-01 10:46 GMT]
Collapse

Kamil Gałczyński
Poland
German to Polish
TOPIC STARTER
But I'm thinking about something completely different Jun 1, 2016

Thanks Nat, but problem isn't with customizing background/text color for translation editor.This can be customized. Problem is with the colors for Trados self. For example: light background for ribbon (BTW, I hate ribbon!) light background for other Studio elements and so on. I've installed Color Plugin from SDL App Store and this helps, but not for all. And the icons - who do hell has such stupid idea to change more visibly Icons from 2011 to such ugly crap?!
No, I haven't W10 and I won't
... See more
Thanks Nat, but problem isn't with customizing background/text color for translation editor.This can be customized. Problem is with the colors for Trados self. For example: light background for ribbon (BTW, I hate ribbon!) light background for other Studio elements and so on. I've installed Color Plugin from SDL App Store and this helps, but not for all. And the icons - who do hell has such stupid idea to change more visibly Icons from 2011 to such ugly crap?!
No, I haven't W10 and I won't have it. I have W7.
SDL Team! Paul! Did you hear me?! It will be better to ask users about such "improvements" BEFORE you introduce it!

[Zmieniono 2016-06-01 10:56 GMT]

[Zmieniono 2016-06-01 11:10 GMT]
Collapse

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
Ah, I see Jun 1, 2016

In this case you may want to install the Color Theme Plugin (available at the Open Exchange). This will not change the icons themselves but will give you the possibility of choosing from a variety of color schemes.

Kamil Gałczyński
Poland
German to Polish
TOPIC STARTER
Paul where are you?! Jun 1, 2016

I've installed, but this helps only partially. For example: I can't change a background color for suggestions from TermBase. They appear, when I type word similar to suggestion. The background is very light blue so I can't practically see, what is on this background! Paul, where are you?! I swear, I will write to you till I get an answer! I paid for this CAT and I want your reaction!
I can't simply understand, why programmers are trying to be smarter than users. Like Micro$oft and his "bri
... See more
I've installed, but this helps only partially. For example: I can't change a background color for suggestions from TermBase. They appear, when I type word similar to suggestion. The background is very light blue so I can't practically see, what is on this background! Paul, where are you?! I swear, I will write to you till I get an answer! I paid for this CAT and I want your reaction!
I can't simply understand, why programmers are trying to be smarter than users. Like Micro$oft and his "brilliant" idea to force users to install Windows 10. I'm really angry. Studio 2015 is really one of the ugliests application, with I've ever worked. Trados 2007 looks better. The icons are practically invisible, the colors are BORING and prevent (very effectively) to gain joy during translation. Who create this appearance?!

[Zmieniono 2016-06-01 14:38 GMT]
Collapse

sdl_roman
sdl_roman
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:44
Thank you for your Feedback Jun 1, 2016

Hello Kamil,

My Colleague Paul now spends much of his time looking after our SDL Community (http://xl8.one) which is the ‘go to place’ now Studio related questions.
I am also aware that Paul is attending various conferences (busy time of year for SDL) at the moment so there is quite likely a delay on direct mail at the moment.
SDL are constantly looking for customer feedback, so I appreciate
... See more
Hello Kamil,

My Colleague Paul now spends much of his time looking after our SDL Community (http://xl8.one) which is the ‘go to place’ now Studio related questions.
I am also aware that Paul is attending various conferences (busy time of year for SDL) at the moment so there is quite likely a delay on direct mail at the moment.
SDL are constantly looking for customer feedback, so I appreciate your comments and will pass these to the development team.
I am from the CXD team and will get back to you once I know more about the colour schemes and the options that will be available in the future.

Kind Regards,

SDL_Roman

[Edited at 2016-06-01 15:23 GMT]
Collapse

Kamil Gałczyński
Poland
German to Polish
TOPIC STARTER
I appreciate your quick answer Jun 1, 2016

Thanks! I'm really glad to read such answer. I will wait.

Kamil Gałczyński
Poland
German to Polish
TOPIC STARTER
So, where's the answer from Paul? Jun 15, 2016

Well. I expect answer! This topic was started 2 weeks ago! What with this stupid color scheme? Will it be corrected? Or will you give a possibility for users to COMPLETELY customization Studio 2015 appearance? For example to change this invisible icons, and to set up all the colors? And is any possibility to rid a ribbon and recover normal menu?

Albert G
Albert G
Local time: 10:44
German to Russian
same trouble :( Jul 26, 2016

I have the same trouble with the existing color schemes and icons. Kamil is not alone.

Kamil Gałczyński
Poland
German to Polish
TOPIC STARTER
Is anybody here Jul 27, 2016

who has the same problem like Albert and me? We need more persons to make a petition to SDL!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Color scheme Studio 2015

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »