Isabel Wild  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 12:16
Spanish to German
+ ...
Jul 1, 2016

Dear colleagues,

Is there anybody who can help me with the following:

I´ve been using Trados for quite some time now, and it works fine. Last week I wanted to re-organize my translation memories and I found out that all my translation memories contain only the sentences of the first translation I started them with. In spite of having clicked on activate and update when opening a new document in Trados, the TM was never updated. Or so it seems, because:
While d
... See more
Dear colleagues,

Is there anybody who can help me with the following:

I´ve been using Trados for quite some time now, and it works fine. Last week I wanted to re-organize my translation memories and I found out that all my translation memories contain only the sentences of the first translation I started them with. In spite of having clicked on activate and update when opening a new document in Trados, the TM was never updated. Or so it seems, because:
While doing the translation in the editor-window, the memorized segments appear in case of the original text matching them. Which means, they appear,but in TM-view I don´t see them. So I guess, the segments are stored somewhere elst.

Does anybody have an idea what could be the problem?

Many thanks in advance,

Isabel
Collapse

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 13:16
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
You see only the first lines Jul 1, 2016

I haven't used TM view much, but I think you can filter the content in different ways, so you could search for your last keywords. Hope i'm right.

Walter Blaser
Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 12:16
French to German
+ ...
The view "Translation Memories" shows the content in "pages" Jul 22, 2016

Isabel Wild wrote:

While doing the translation in the editor-window, the memorized segments appear in case of the original text matching them. Which means, they appear,but in TM-view I don´t see them. So I guess, the segments are stored somewhere elst.
Isabel

Isabel

If you look at the contents of a TM in the view "Translation Memories", you see this in "pages". Because a page only shows 50 segments per default, you need to click "Next page" (right and left arrow on the top) in order to display the next 50 segments.

Because the segments are display in chronological order of their creation, you will only see the first 50 segments you translated unless you scroll forward.

You can change the number of segments shown by default to a max. of 200 by going to "File - Options - Translations memories view".

Walter

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can´t find storage location of translation memories

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »