Helle Gylling
Helle Gylling  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 07:48
English to Danish
+ ...
Jul 5, 2016

Hi everybody,

I have a deadline here in a couple of hours and the PM's office is closed for the day so I can't ask her.

I have a complex project that I just got back with the QA report and updated files. I am supposed to make
changes and update the new version of the files and TM - but I can't figure out how to do it. The project is not sent as a Package, but as Folders: da-DK, en-US, Packages, Reports, TM as well as a Trados Studio Project file.

I as
... See more
Hi everybody,

I have a deadline here in a couple of hours and the PM's office is closed for the day so I can't ask her.

I have a complex project that I just got back with the QA report and updated files. I am supposed to make
changes and update the new version of the files and TM - but I can't figure out how to do it. The project is not sent as a Package, but as Folders: da-DK, en-US, Packages, Reports, TM as well as a Trados Studio Project file.

I assume I am supposed to open the Studio file - but when I do, Trados just says that project has already been opened and added to the list of projects - and won't import the updated version of these files/TM.

What do I do? Do I delete the existing project or???

Sure hope someone can help!

Helle
Collapse

Walter Blaser
Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 12:48
French to German
+ ...
Copy the updated files into your project folder Jul 22, 2016

Helle

It seems that your client sent you the individual subfolders of the project. This is basically the same as what would be in the package, except that opening the package would automatically copy the updated files into your project folder.

In this case, you need to do this manually.

Simply copy the updated SDLXLIFF files from the target folder into the target folder of your project.

Walter

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Need help now importing/updating QA'ed files to Studio 2014

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »