upgrade Studio 14 & Windows 7 > Studio 15 & Windows 10
Thread poster: TalTranslations
TalTranslations
TalTranslations
United Kingdom
English to Hebrew
Jul 21, 2016

Hello,

At the moment I use Studio 14 and Windows 7.
I would like to upgrade to Studio 15 and Windows 10.

What will be the best way?

First upgrade to Windows 10 and then to Studio 14?
Or upgrade to Studio 15 first, en then to Windows 10?

Thanks

SDL_Guillaume
SDL_Guillaume
Local time: 07:31
Upgrade Jul 21, 2016

Hello,

This is Guillaume from SDL.

In order to assist you further, could you give me in a message the 6 digits order number of your license? So far I have been unable to identify it in our database.

Once you have upgraded to SDL Trados Studio 2015, you can install and activate it at any time you wish. It supports both Windows 7 and Windows 10.

It is therefore not necessary to wait until you have Windows 10 to upgrade your license. You can also
... See more
Hello,

This is Guillaume from SDL.

In order to assist you further, could you give me in a message the 6 digits order number of your license? So far I have been unable to identify it in our database.

Once you have upgraded to SDL Trados Studio 2015, you can install and activate it at any time you wish. It supports both Windows 7 and Windows 10.

It is therefore not necessary to wait until you have Windows 10 to upgrade your license. You can also have Studio 2015 on your current Windows 7 OS, then move it on Windows 10 at a later date.

I look forward to hear from you.

Kind regards,

Guillaume
Collapse

TalTranslations
TalTranslations
United Kingdom
English to Hebrew
TOPIC STARTER
thank you Jul 21, 2016

I understand it doesn't matter which I upgrade first.

thank you for your quick reply, Guillaume

Jo Macdonald
Jo Macdonald  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 08:31
Italian to English
+ ...
Windows 10 and Studio 2014 Jul 21, 2016

TalTranslations wrote:

Hello,

At the moment I use Studio 14 and Windows 7.
I would like to upgrade to Studio 15 and Windows 10.

What will be the best way?

First upgrade to Windows 10 and then to Studio 14?
Or upgrade to Studio 15 first, en then to Windows 10?

Thanks

I was also using Studio 2014 and Windows 7. I tried upgrading to Windows 10 but it looks like your operating system has to be pretty much stock as it would be after a clean install for the upgrade to work as I wasn't able to upgrade and ended up deactivating the Win 10 upgrade.

After getting a new PC with Windows 10 I've installed Studio 2014, no probs.

Personally I'm waiting for the next version of Studio as 2014/15 look pretty much the same unless an upgrade to the new version is included in the upgrade to 2015.

TalTranslations
TalTranslations
United Kingdom
English to Hebrew
TOPIC STARTER
i3 Jul 21, 2016

Thank you Jo.

I have still an Intel i3 processor.
I don't know if that will cause a problem.
I don't want to install everything again.

Thanks

Paolo Sebastiani
Paolo Sebastiani  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
Upgrading is a never ending story Jul 21, 2016

It is useless waiting for the next editions before deciding for the upgrading because if this trend doesn't come to an end we will be urged for upgrading every other month.
If you noticed the official answer of SDL it says that it does not matter which you update first (between Windows 10 and Trados) but it is important that you update your old Trados edition to Sdl Trados Studio 2015. This is what they are really interested in. Then if you face a myriad of glitches and issues..... who car
... See more
It is useless waiting for the next editions before deciding for the upgrading because if this trend doesn't come to an end we will be urged for upgrading every other month.
If you noticed the official answer of SDL it says that it does not matter which you update first (between Windows 10 and Trados) but it is important that you update your old Trados edition to Sdl Trados Studio 2015. This is what they are really interested in. Then if you face a myriad of glitches and issues..... who cares!!!!
This is pure marketing objective guys!!
Cheers
Collapse

Walter Blaser
Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
It does not matter ... Jul 21, 2016

... but I would not upgrade both at the same time. This is an old rule of conduct in IT: never do two things at the same time because if something goes wrong, you don't know which of the two is the culprit.

Walter

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member for the following reason: empty
TalTranslations
TalTranslations
United Kingdom
English to Hebrew
TOPIC STARTER
windows 10 and Studio 14 OK Jul 29, 2016

Thank you Walter.

The upgrade to Windows 10 went well. No problems with Studio 2014.

Next week I will upgrade to Studio 15 and will see.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

upgrade Studio 14 & Windows 7 > Studio 15 & Windows 10

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »