[Solved] [Studio 2015] Stuck at "Convert to Translatable Format" while creating project
Thread poster: Nico Wagner
Nico Wagner
Nico Wagner  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 20:38
English to German
Jul 26, 2016

Hello everyone,

a client has sent me a folder structure with 450 .ttx-files that I need to translate. When I try to import these files in a default project without any TM or TB, the process gets stuck at the first step (Convert to Translatable Format), and the progress bar for that step doesn't even appear. I already left it running for 45 minutes, without any progress. My PC is a gaming rig with reasonable specs, so performance shouldn't be an issue.

I have tried impor
... See more
Hello everyone,

a client has sent me a folder structure with 450 .ttx-files that I need to translate. When I try to import these files in a default project without any TM or TB, the process gets stuck at the first step (Convert to Translatable Format), and the progress bar for that step doesn't even appear. I already left it running for 45 minutes, without any progress. My PC is a gaming rig with reasonable specs, so performance shouldn't be an issue.

I have tried importing only a part of the folder structure, with the same result.

Studio 2014 gives me exactly the same result and gets stuck at the first step as well.

The Task Manager shows that Trados Studio is constantly using 25% of my CPU.

Any ideas?

Thank you,
Nico

[Edited at 2016-07-26 11:57 GMT]

[Edited at 2016-07-26 15:34 GMT]
Collapse

Bahar Demirci
Bahar Demirci
Türkiye
Consider Converting that into word file Jul 26, 2016

Dear Nico,

I think you can open that in TMX editor which is a very handy small tool and convert in into a word file i a second.

Alternatively, you can use:
http://www.translatum.gr/cgi-bin/tmx-to-text.pl
to do the same thing as well.
I hope it is helpfull.

Bahar

Nico Wagner
Nico Wagner  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 20:38
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
[Solution] Jul 26, 2016

Hi everyone,

the Trados team helped me to find the offender.

The Studio TTX filter expects empty segments to look like this:

But in my files they look like this and the Studio filter rejects them:

I did a recursive Search & Replace through the entire source files folder and was able to import them afterwards.

Maybe this helps for future reference.

Best,
Nico

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

[Solved] [Studio 2015] Stuck at "Convert to Translatable Format" while creating project

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »