Ines Burrell
Ines Burrell  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:37
Member (2004)
English to Latvian
+ ...
The pricing for upgrades is interesting Aug 11, 2016

I am getting £535 for a new licence and a lovely sum of ... £535 for an upgrade to Studio 2015 Freelance Plus. Makes sense! Imagine how much the upgrade would cost without the 20% discount.

Wojciech_ (X)
Wojciech_ (X)
Poland
Local time: 13:37
English to Polish
+ ...
Strange Aug 11, 2016

Burrell wrote:

I am getting £535 for a new licence and a lovely sum of ... £535 for an upgrade to Studio 2015 Freelance Plus. Makes sense! Imagine how much the upgrade would cost without the 20% discount.

I'm getting €155 for an upgrade from Trados Studio Freelance Plus 2015 to Trados Studio Freelance Plus 2017, which frankly seems quite a reasonable price.

Ines Burrell
United Kingdom
Member (2004)
English to Latvian
+ ...
Sadly, I am not surprised Aug 11, 2016

Wojciech Matyszkiewicz wrote:

Burrell wrote:

I'm getting €155 for an upgrade from Trados Studio Freelance Plus 2015 to Trados Studio Freelance Plus 2017, which frankly seems quite a reasonable price.

The UK buyers have always got the worst deal, as normally the prices would be in EUR and then the company's own exchange rate would be applied, which has always been something close to the post Brexit rate. The current price (and I am not joking, that's the price) is mind boggling. Talk about fair.

Studio 2017

Wojciech_ (X)
Wojciech_ (X)
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
Hmmm Aug 12, 2016

You might be looking in a wrong place.

Try this link:
http://www.translationzone.com/store/?utm_medium=blog&utm_source=translationzone.com&utm_campaign=Studio2017%20prelaunch&utm_content=Preorder%20Banner

Then choose PRE-ORDER on the right

[Edited at
... See more
You might be looking in a wrong place.

Try this link:
http://www.translationzone.com/store/?utm_medium=blog&utm_source=translationzone.com&utm_campaign=Studio2017%20prelaunch&utm_content=Preorder%20Banner

Then choose PRE-ORDER on the right

[Edited at 2016-08-12 07:38 GMT]
Collapse

Roy Oestensen
Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
I am puzzled. Aug 12, 2016

Burrell wrote:
The UK buyers have always got the worst deal, as normally the prices would be in EUR and then the company's own exchange rate would be applied, which has always been something close to the post Brexit rate. The current price (and I am not joking, that's the price) is mind boggling. Talk about fair.

Studio 2017

On your screen dump the price is given as GBP 395. The equivalent price in Euro on http://www.translationzone.com/store/?utm_medium=blog&utm_source=translationzone.com&utm_campaign=Studio2017%20prelaunch&utm_content=Preorder%20Banner is EUR 495. This gives an exchange rate of 1 GBP = 1.25 EUR. Today's exchange rate is 1 GBP = 1.16 EUR. Seems to me that the offer is quite fair after all, since the price based on today's exchange rate would have been GBP 425.

Roy

SDL_Dan
SDL_Dan
United Kingdom
TOPIC STARTER
Purchase Studio 2015 and receive Studio 2017 free upon release Aug 12, 2016

Sandrine Zérouali wrote:

Hello everybody,

I've just went to the link that Dan done in his initial post. I have Studio 2011 Freelance Plus. If I want Studio 2017, I have to purchase Studio 2015 and I will have Studio 2017 for free, is that right? If yes, how many licences, I will have (2 or 4)?

Thank you in advance for your answers.

For Richard,

page078

Here is the screenshot below the screenshot you done. I think you need this one. Choose between the 2nd option.

I hope it helps you.

NB: sorry for the big white page but I don't know how to do better. If somebody can say it will be great!

Sandrine

[Modifié le 2016-08-11 17:04 GMT]

Hi Sandrine,

That is correct. If you are on SDL Trados Studio 2011 Freelance Plus you will have to upgrade to Studio 2015 Freelance Plus and then you will receive Studio 2017 Freelance Plus for free upon release.

SDL_Dan
SDL_Dan
United Kingdom
TOPIC STARTER
Upgrades Aug 12, 2016

Giuliana Buscaglione wrote:

Hi Dan,

SDL_Dan wrote:

With the release of SDL Trados Studio 2017, the upgrade path from SDL Trados Studio 2011 will end on 31 March 2017.

either I'm looking at the wrong end or it is really not there. Under "Upgrades" I could only see upgrades from the 2015 version. I went for "Products", but that was another deadend. No hassle though. Good to know there are still some months to move over and to find the right spot for the respecitve upgrade

Giuliana

Hi Giuliana, as a SDL Trados Studio 2011 licence holder, you will need to upgrade to SDL Trados Studio 2015. Then upon release, you will receive SDL Trados Studio 2017 for free.

Existing SDL Trados Studio 2015 licence holders are directly able to pre-order SDL Trados Studio 2017, as they have the latest version.

I hope this makes sense.

Dan

Robert Rietvelt
Robert Rietvelt  Identity Verified
Member (2006)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
Please enlight me Aug 12, 2016

SDL_Dan wrote:

Hi Dan,

SDL_Dan wrote:

With the release of SDL Trados Studio 2017, the upgrade path from SDL Trados Studio 2011 will end on 31 March 2017.

either I'm looking at the wrong end or it is really not there. Under "Upgrades" I could only see upgrades from the 2015 version. I went for "Products", but that was another deadend. No hassle though. Good to know there are still some months to move over and to find the right spot for the respecitve upgrade

Giuliana

Hi Giuliana, as a SDL Trados Studio 2011 licence holder, you will need to upgrade to SDL Trados Studio 2015. Then upon release, you will receive SDL Trados Studio 2017 for free.

Existing SDL Trados Studio 2015 licence holders are directly able to pre-order SDL Trados Studio 2017, as they have the latest version.

I hope this makes sense.

Dan

I have Studio 2015 Feelance Plus (for 2 computers). How much does an upgrade cost me? On your site I see different prices: € 155, € 175 and +€ 300. So which one is it?

Furthermore, I (still) got both versions (2014 and 2015) on both my computers. Do I loose them by the release/install of 2017?

I'll hope to hear from you.

[Edited at 2016-08-12 13:33 GMT]

Ines Burrell
United Kingdom
Member (2004)
English to Latvian
+ ...
Not really fair Aug 12, 2016

Roy Oestensen wrote:

Burrell wrote:

Studio 2017

On your screen dump the price is given as GBP 395. The equivalent price in Euro on http://www.translationzone.com/store/?utm_medium=blog&utm_source=translationzone.com&utm_campaign=Studio2017%20prelaunch&utm_content=Preorder%20Banner is EUR 495. This gives an exchange rate of 1 GBP = 1.25 EUR. Today's exchange rate is 1 GBP = 1.16 EUR. Seems to me that the offer is quite fair after all, since the price based on today's exchange rate would have been GBP 425.

Roy

The euro price for upgrade from Studio 2015 Plus to Studio 2017 Plus (one step) is EUR 155. The upgrade price I am getting from Studio 2014 Plus to Studio 2015 Plus (the same one step) is GBP 535. In what universe is that fair?

SDL_Dan
SDL_Dan
United Kingdom
TOPIC STARTER
Studio 2014 Freelance Plus Upgrade Price Aug 12, 2016

Burrell wrote:

Roy Oestensen wrote:

Burrell wrote:

Studio 2017

Roy

The euro price for upgrade from Studio 2015 Plus to Studio 2017 Plus (one step) is EUR 155. The upgrade price I am getting from Studio 2014 Plus to Studio 2015 Plus (the same one step) is GBP 535. In what universe is that fair?

Hi Burrell,

I think you are seeing the Studio 2015 Freelance Plus price for a new licence. The upgrade price for SDL Trados Studio 2014 Freelance Plus to SDL Trados Studio 2015 Freelance Plus should be €175.00.

Please make sure you click the upgrade path. You should see this on our shop

I've attached a screenshot for you to see this pricing.

upgrade

Dan

[Edited at 2016-08-12 14:50 GMT]

[Edited at 2016-08-12 14:53 GMT]

[Edited at 2016-08-12 14:58 GMT]

Ali Bayraktar
Ali Bayraktar  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Member (2007)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Deep mining Aug 12, 2016

SDL_Dan wrote:
upLIFT technology

Our upLIFT technology will help you translate new segments faster, even when you do not have a Translation Memory match. Studio will now automatically find even more matches for you, so you don’t have to.

The upLIFT technology will also use your trusted resources to help repair fuzzy matches.

Deep miner?

Robert Rietvelt
Robert Rietvelt  Identity Verified
Member (2006)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
Hi Dan Aug 12, 2016

Robert Rietvelt wrote:

SDL_Dan wrote:

Hi Dan,

SDL_Dan wrote:

Giuliana

I hope this makes sense.

Dan

I have Studio 2015 Feelance Plus (for 2 computers). How much does an upgrade cost me? On your site I see different prices: € 155, € 175 and +€ 300. So which one is it?

Furthermore, I (still) got both versions (2014 and 2015) on both my computers. Do I loose them by the release/install of 2017?

I'll hope to hear from you.

[Edited at 2016-08-12 13:33 GMT]

Couldyou please answer my questions.

Thank you.

Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 14:37
English to Turkish
+ ...
DeepMiner Aug 12, 2016

Ali Bayraktar wrote:

SDL_Dan wrote:
upLIFT technology

Our upLIFT technology will help you translate new segments faster, even when you do not have a Translation Memory match. Studio will now automatically find even more matches for you, so you don’t have to.

The upLIFT technology will also use your trusted resources to help repair fuzzy matches.

Deep miner?

DeepMiner is a feature of DVX3 (it was available in the previous version DVX2 too, launched in 2011). But perhaps Atril Déjà Vu X sold this technology to SDL, after 5 years.

Jo Macdonald
Jo Macdonald  Identity Verified
Spain
Italian to English
+ ...
Upgrade to 2015 for free 2017 licence without using 2015 Aug 13, 2016

Hi Dan,
Thanks for the info.
I upgraded from Studio 2014 plus to Studio 2015 plus today, which as far as I can tell entitles me to a Studio 2017 plus licence on release.

In my licenses I now have an "Upgrade license" option to upgrade the 2014 license to 2015 but I'm currently happy with Studio 2014 and would like to keep using it until 2017 is ready.

Can I wait to upgrade the 2014 license and continue to use Studio 2014 until 2017 is released?
If I upgrade the 2014 license to 2015 now will I still be able to use Studio 2014 or will I have to install Studio 2015?
Thanks
Jo

Wojciech_ (X)
Wojciech_ (X)
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
Not really Aug 14, 2016

Selcuk Akyuz wrote:

Ali Bayraktar wrote:

SDL_Dan wrote:
upLIFT technology

Deep miner?

DeepMiner is a feature of DVX3 (it was available in the previous version DVX2 too, launched in 2011). But perhaps Atril Déjà Vu X sold this technology to SDL, after 5 years.

Uplift, previously referred to as Lift, is a creation of Kevin Flanagan and is a more refined form of MemoQ's LSC. You can find more info in the topic I started several months ago, entitled "Lift technology - is it on its way?"

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados Studio 2017 is coming soon!

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »