Member (2007)
English to Turkish
+ ...
AFAIK Aug 14, 2016

Selcuk Akyuz wrote:

Ali Bayraktar wrote:

SDL_Dan wrote:
upLIFT technology

Our upLIFT technology will help you translate new segments faster, even when you do not have a Translation Memory match. Studio will now automatically find even more matches for you, so you don’t have to.

The upLIFT technology will also use your trusted resources to help repair fuzzy matches.

Deep miner?

DeepMiner is a feature of DVX3 (it was available in the previous version DVX2 too, launched in 2011). But perhaps Atril Déjà Vu X sold this technology to SDL, after 5 years.

.. SDL never applies or try to apply the found results in the target segment (except numbers).
SDL just shows the results in TM or concordance windows.
Dejavu does it. Finds the different words in the fuzzy match and repairs it and pastes something in the target segment (usually with a difference in 1 or 2 words)

I wanted to ask, with my "Deepminer" question about this.

Does SDL now puts repaired segments automatically into the target segment? Or again just showing the differences?

Does this LIFT or Uplift thing, put something into the target segment by itself?

Although I am having conversation with you, my question is public. Will be glad if anyone answers me.

Thanks,

M. Ali

TalTranslations
TalTranslations
United Kingdom
English to Hebrew
Dark color scheme Aug 14, 2016

Will the Dark color scheme of Studio 2014 be restored in 2017?
The color schemes of 2015 are too light for the eyes.
Thank you. I would appreciate it.

Wojciech_ (X)
Wojciech_ (X)
Poland
Local time: 16:34
English to Polish
+ ...
Deepminer Aug 14, 2016

Ali Bayraktar wrote:

Selcuk Akyuz wrote:

Ali Bayraktar wrote:

SDL_Dan wrote:
upLIFT technology

Our upLIFT technology will help you translate new segments faster, even when you do not have a Translation Memory match. Studio will now automatically find even more matches for you, so you don’t have to.

The upLIFT technology will also use your trusted resources to help repair fuzzy matches.

Deep miner?

DeepMiner is a feature of DVX3 (it was available in the previous version DVX2 too, launched in 2011). But perhaps Atril Déjà Vu X sold this technology to SDL, after 5 years.

.. SDL never applies or try to apply the found results in the target segment (except numbers).
SDL just shows the results in TM or concordance windows.
Dejavu does it. Finds the different words in the fuzzy match and repairs it and pastes something in the target segment (usually with a difference in 1 or 2 words)

I wanted to ask, with my "Deepminer" question about this.

Does SDL now puts repaired segments automatically into the target segment? Or again just showing the differences?

Does this LIFT or Uplift thing, put something into the target segment by itself?

Although I am having conversation with you, my question is public. Will be glad if anyone answers me.

Thanks,

M. Ali

I believe you are talking about "fuzzy match repair" which refers to repairing fuzzy matches by MT. Then you receive a repaired match that can be inserted into your target segment.
Studio lacks this feature, but in Studio 2017 it is supposed to be implemented.
Uplift is about something different. It's about finding subsegment matches, mostly phrases in your existing TM. The difference between Uplift and Deepminer is that Deepminer uses statistical method of finding translation for phrases from your TM so it needs relatively large TM to work correctly and the phrase and its translation must appear in your TM several times preferably in different sentence context for Deja Vu to find out the corresponding translation. Uplift uses linguistic method of finding the corresponding translation of a phrase within a sentence, which means that it utilizes bilingual dictionaries to map the translation within a sentence.

SDL_Dan
SDL_Dan
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:34
TOPIC STARTER
Upgrading Aug 15, 2016

Robert Rietvelt wrote:

Robert Rietvelt wrote:

SDL_Dan wrote:

Giuliana Buscaglione wrote:

Hi Dan,

SDL_Dan wrote:

With the release of SDL Trados Studio 2017, the upgrade path from SDL Trados Studio 2011 will end on 31 March 2017.

either I'm looking at the wrong end or it is really not there. Under "Upgrades" I could only see upgrades from the 2015 version. I went for "Products", but that was another deadend. No hassle though. Good to know there are still some months to move over and to find the right spot for the respecitve upgrade

Giuliana

Hi Giuliana, as a SDL Trados Studio 2011 licence holder, you will need to upgrade to SDL Trados Studio 2015. Then upon release, you will receive SDL Trados Studio 2017 for free.

Existing SDL Trados Studio 2015 licence holders are directly able to pre-order SDL Trados Studio 2017, as they have the latest version.

I hope this makes sense.

Dan

I have Studio 2015 Feelance Plus (for 2 computers). How much does an upgrade cost me? On your site I see different prices: € 155, € 175 and +€ 300. So which one is it?

Furthermore, I (still) got both versions (2014 and 2015) on both my computers. Do I loose them by the release/install of 2017?

I'll hope to hear from you.

[Edited at 2016-08-12 13:33 GMT]

Couldyou please answer my questions.

Thank you.

Hi Richard,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

The upgrade price for SDL Trados Studio 2015 Freelance Plus to Studio 2017 Freelance Plus is €155.00.

When upgrading your current (freelance) license(s) to SDL Studio 2017 FL (PLUS)-
-SDL will allow you to continue working on current projects in the legacy (Studio 2014, 2015) versions- before migrating to Studio 2017 permanently.

When upgrade is purchased - simply then upgrade your license(s) via your SDL account only -but DO NOT deactivate/return your current Studio license.

You will then be able to continue using both all (activated) legacy version and the new Studio 2017 software until-
-you either deactivate (intentionally or through hardware failure etc.) or try to move the legacy versions (Studio 2014, 2015) to a different machine etc.

Dan

Wojciech_ (X)
Wojciech_ (X)
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
Resellers Aug 17, 2016

SDL_Dan wrote:

Robert Rietvelt wrote:

Robert Rietvelt wrote:

SDL_Dan wrote:

Giuliana Buscaglione wrote:

Hi Dan,

SDL_Dan wrote:

With the release of SDL Trados Studio 2017, the upgrade path from SDL Trados Studio 2011 will end on 31 March 2017.

either I'm looking at the wrong end or it is really not there. Under "Upgrades" I could only see upgrades from the 2015 version. I went for "Products", but that was another deadend. No hassle though. Good to know there are still some months to move over and to find the right spot for the respecitve upgrade

Giuliana

Hi Giuliana, as a SDL Trados Studio 2011 licence holder, you will need to upgrade to SDL Trados Studio 2015. Then upon release, you will receive SDL Trados Studio 2017 for free.

Existing SDL Trados Studio 2015 licence holders are directly able to pre-order SDL Trados Studio 2017, as they have the latest version.

I hope this makes sense.

Dan

I have Studio 2015 Feelance Plus (for 2 computers). How much does an upgrade cost me? On your site I see different prices: € 155, € 175 and +€ 300. So which one is it?

Furthermore, I (still) got both versions (2014 and 2015) on both my computers. Do I loose them by the release/install of 2017?

I'll hope to hear from you.

[Edited at 2016-08-12 13:33 GMT]

Couldyou please answer my questions.

Thank you.

Hi Richard,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

The upgrade price for SDL Trados Studio 2015 Freelance Plus to Studio 2017 Freelance Plus is €155.00.

When upgrading your current (freelance) license(s) to SDL Studio 2017 FL (PLUS)-
-SDL will allow you to continue working on current projects in the legacy (Studio 2014, 2015) versions- before migrating to Studio 2017 permanently.

When upgrade is purchased - simply then upgrade your license(s) via your SDL account only -but DO NOT deactivate/return your current Studio license.

You will then be able to continue using both all (activated) legacy version and the new Studio 2017 software until-
-you either deactivate (intentionally or through hardware failure etc.) or try to move the legacy versions (Studio 2014, 2015) to a different machine etc.

Dan

Can I buy the upgrade from a reseller that isn't based in my country?

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Yes please!!!! Aug 18, 2016

TalTranslations wrote:

Please give us more control over the colours used in the UI! The three options in 2015 are all terrible and hard on the eyes.

Michael

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
The beauty of our App Store Aug 19, 2016

Michael Joseph Wdowiak Beijer wrote:

TalTranslations wrote:

Please give us more control over the colours used in the UI! The three options in 2015 are all terrible and hard on the eyes.

Michael

Here you go: http://appstore.sdl.com/app/color-theme-plugin/364/

Best regards,
Luis

Michael Beijer
United Kingdom
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
:-) Aug 19, 2016

SDL Community wrote:

TalTranslations wrote:

Michael

Best regards,
Luis

Amazing, thanks! (my current favourite = "Office 2010 Blue")

Michael

[Edited at 2016-08-19 11:31 GMT]

sdl_roman
sdl_roman
United Kingdom
Can I buy the upgrade from a reseller that isn't based in my country? Aug 19, 2016

Hi Wojciech,

Unfortunately it's not possible to purchase an upgrade from a Reseller outside of your country.
Our authorised resellers are legally and contractually obliged to sell only within their allotted territory.

I have checked, we have two Authorised Resellers in Poland, please get in contact with them for the
... See more
Hi Wojciech,

Unfortunately it's not possible to purchase an upgrade from a Reseller outside of your country.
Our authorised resellers are legally and contractually obliged to sell only within their allotted territory.

I have checked, we have two Authorised Resellers in Poland, please get in contact with them for the best competitive offer on upgrade:
http://www.translationzone.com/about/partners/resellers.html/list/Location/Poland

Hope it helps,

Kind regards,

SDL_Roman
Collapse

Wojciech_ (X)
Wojciech_ (X)
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
Thank you Aug 19, 2016

sdl_roman wrote:

Hi Wojciech,

I have checked, we have two Authorised Resellers in Poland, please get in contact with them for the best competitive offer on upgrade:
http://www.translationzone.com/about/partners/resellers.html/list/Location/Poland

Hope it helps,

Kind regards,

SDL_Roman

Thank you Roman. I was asking, because to my surprise the price for the upgrade from Studio 2015 Freelance Plus to Studio 2017 Freelance Plus in the Czech Republic and Romania is 50% of what I would have to pay in Poland and I'm quite at a loss to understand why there's such a huge difference.

[Edited at 2016-08-19 11:22 GMT]

Michael Beijer
United Kingdom
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Wow, 50% is a lot. Aug 19, 2016

Wojciech Matyszkiewicz wrote:

sdl_roman wrote:

Hi Wojciech,

Hope it helps,

Kind regards,

SDL_Roman

Thank you Roman. I was asking, because to my surprise the price for the upgrade from Studio 2015 Freelance Plus to Studio 2017 Freelance Plus in the Czech Republic and Romania is 50% of what I would have to pay in Poland and I'm quite at a loss to understand why there's such a huge difference.

I probably got screwed even more as I just bought mine in the UK, which always seems to get the worst possible deals for this kind of thing. I paid £147.60 (= €171, @ xe.com's rate)

Michael

Wojciech_ (X)
Wojciech_ (X)
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
Hmmm Aug 19, 2016

sdl_roman wrote:

Hi Wojciech,

Hope it helps,

Kind regards,

SDL_Roman

I probably got screwed even more as I just bought mine in the UK, which always seems to get the worst possible deals for this kind of thing. I paid £147.60 (= €171, @ xe.com's rate)

Michael

Why didn't you buy at the SDL's website? It's €155 there. You could then spend the extra €16 on toys for your kid. Mine is around the same age as yours and boy he needs a lot of blocks and stuff That's why I'm looking for the best offer on Trados

[Edited at 2016-08-19 11:49 GMT]

TalTranslations
TalTranslations
United Kingdom
English to Hebrew
App - Dark theme - Aug 19, 2016

SDL Community wrote:

Best regards,
Luis

Thanks. I've tried those already, but most of the ribbon letters of the Noir theme are invisible.

I hope Studio 2017 restores the simple and clear Black theme of 2014,
or the app developer would be so nice to create a visible Black theme.
Thanks

PS I think it's best for SDL (commercially) to add the old 2014 Black theme (you already have the template...), because many peolpe who use the Trial and don't have access to the App store, could decide not to purchase Studio because of the too bright color themes...

Add just 1 extra simple black theme and you dont lose new clients...

Michael Beijer
United Kingdom
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
mysterious pricing Aug 19, 2016

sdl_roman wrote:

Hi Wojciech,

Hope it helps,

Kind regards,

SDL_Roman

Michael

Why didn't you buy at the SDL's website? It's €155 there. You could then spend the extra €16 on toys for your kid. Mine is around the same age as yours and boy he needs a lot of blocks and stuff That's why I'm looking for the best offer on Trados

[Edited at 2016-08-19 11:49 GMT]

I did. I got it straight from the SDL website.

Yeah, Juniper's favorite toy at the moment is … our dog

Michael

SDL_Steve
SDL_Steve  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to Arabic
mysterious pricing Aug 19, 2016

Hi Michael,

I checked your account to make sure you had received the correct pricing as your quote did not sound correct at all (we would have refunded the incorrect over payment if this was the case).
Our exchange rate is calculated normally at the beginning of the year- however due to the recent drop in the £/€ value exchange rate, we had already made the necessary adjustments before releasing this offer.

After checking your invoice I can see you actually pai
... See more
Hi Michael,

I checked your account to make sure you had received the correct pricing as your quote did not sound correct at all (we would have refunded the incorrect over payment if this was the case).
Our exchange rate is calculated normally at the beginning of the year- however due to the recent drop in the £/€ value exchange rate, we had already made the necessary adjustments before releasing this offer.

After checking your invoice I can see you actually paid just £120.00 (XE.com = 139.00€) and not the quoted £147.60- the difference being VAT of which we have no control over unfortunately.

I see also your previous order was subject to VAT- hence why it (£ order) may appear unfair based on the list (€) pricing which does NOT include VAT.

If you are in receipt of a valid VAT number, please let us have this so we can update the invoice and refund you the VAT payment and you will then be able to see the £/€ pricing is indeed very similar (once VAT payments are NOT included.)

Kind regards

Steve
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados Studio 2017 is coming soon!

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »