Pages in topic:   [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9] >
SDL Trados Studio 2017 is coming soon!
Thread poster: SDL_Dan
SDL_Dan
SDL_Dan
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:36
Aug 11, 2016

We are delighted to announce that the latest version of SDL Trados Studio 2017 is coming soon. SDL Trados Studio 2017 will bring revolutionary innovation to help you translate faster and ensure high quality translations - including a totally transformed, personalized Machine Translation Experience.

Here are just some of the new features included in SDL Trados Studio 2017:

AdaptiveMT

Our AdaptiveMT engines self-learn from your post edits, so your M
... See more
We are delighted to announce that the latest version of SDL Trados Studio 2017 is coming soon. SDL Trados Studio 2017 will bring revolutionary innovation to help you translate faster and ensure high quality translations - including a totally transformed, personalized Machine Translation Experience.

Here are just some of the new features included in SDL Trados Studio 2017:

AdaptiveMT

Our AdaptiveMT engines self-learn from your post edits, so your MT output is unique to your style, content and terminology.

upLIFT technology

Our upLIFT technology will help you translate new segments faster, even when you do not have a Translation Memory match. Studio will now automatically find even more matches for you, so you don’t have to.

The upLIFT technology will also use your trusted resources to help repair fuzzy matches.

To find out more about SDL Trados Studio 2017, please visit our website:

If you are a freelance translator, click here>>

If you are a Language Service Provider, click here>>
Collapse

Daniel McCosh
Daniel McCosh
Germany
Local time: 08:36
German to English
Release dates? Aug 11, 2016

This looks like an interesting release. When is Groupshare 2017 due? I assume the update will be part of the PSMA?
I'm particularly intrigued how the "MT learning" (Adaptive MT) features will work out as this is a major drawback to MT so far, it doesn't learn from its mistakes
Will adaptive MT require an additional language cloud subscription?
Regards,
Daniel

[Edited at 2016-08-11 12:09 GMT]
... See more
This looks like an interesting release. When is Groupshare 2017 due? I assume the update will be part of the PSMA?
I'm particularly intrigued how the "MT learning" (Adaptive MT) features will work out as this is a major drawback to MT so far, it doesn't learn from its mistakes
Will adaptive MT require an additional language cloud subscription?
Regards,
Daniel

[Edited at 2016-08-11 12:09 GMT]

I just found a good post from Massimo which has more detail:
http://blog.sdl.com/company/sdl-trados-studio-2017-transformation-translation/
and I'm excited: Silverlight in Groupshare is going the same way as Java in Studio!
This can only be a good decision.

[Edited at 2016-08-11 12:34 GMT]
Collapse

Wojciech_ (X)
Wojciech_ (X)
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
Nice Aug 11, 2016

A nice set of features, but wouldn't it be great if fuzzy matches could be repaired by MT as well?

SDL_Dan
SDL_Dan
United Kingdom
TOPIC STARTER
GroupShare 2017 Aug 11, 2016

Hi Daniel,

I can confirm if you have an active PSMA, you will receive SDL Studio GroupShare 2017 upon release.

Regarding AdaptiveMT, to access you will need to have a Language Cloud account. if you do not already have one, this should be automatically set up for you.

More information will be released closer to the launch date. If you would like to preview AdaptiveMT, we are running two webinars on the 24th
... See more
Hi Daniel,

I can confirm if you have an active PSMA, you will receive SDL Studio GroupShare 2017 upon release.

Regarding AdaptiveMT, to access you will need to have a Language Cloud account. if you do not already have one, this should be automatically set up for you.

More information will be released closer to the launch date. If you would like to preview AdaptiveMT, we are running two webinars on the 24th August:

AdaptiveMT Morning Session

AdaptiveMT Afternoon Session

I hope this information helps. I've seen you have also read Massimo's blog, which has a lot of useful information in it.
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Wouldn't it just :-) Aug 11, 2016

Wojciech Matyszkiewicz wrote:

A nice set of features, but wouldn't it be great if fuzzy matches could be repaired by MT as well?

Perhaps you'll get your wish

Regards

Paul
Why not try the new SDL Community

Richard Hill
Richard Hill  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 02:36
Member (2011)
Spanish to English
Freelance Plus Upgrade Aug 11, 2016

I like the look of this new version.

If I pre-order the upgrade from Studio 2015 Freelance Plus will the 2017 be plus too (for use on two machines)?

Richard

SDL_Dan
SDL_Dan
United Kingdom
TOPIC STARTER
Upgrading to 2017 Freelance Plus for Studio 2015 Plus Aug 11, 2016

Hi Richard,

Glad you like the look of the new version. I can confirm if you pre-order your upgrade from SDL Trados Studio 2015 Freelance Plus to Studio 2017, you will receive SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance Plus. Just choose the package that says "Upgrade from SDL Trados Studio 2015 Freelance Plus to SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance Plus."

Hope that helps.

Dan

Richard Hill
Richard Hill  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 02:36
Member (2011)
Spanish to English
"SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance Plus" option Aug 11, 2016

SDL_Dan wrote:

Just choose the package that says "Upgrade from SDL Trados Studio 2015 Freelance Plus to SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance Plus."

Hope that helps.

Dan

Hi Dan,

The reasons I asked is that I don't see the option you mentioned, I see two other options:

1) Upgrade to SDL Trados Studio 2015 Professional (Single-User)
2) Upgrade to SDL Trados Studio 2015 Professional (Network)

upgrade

but nothing that says "Plus"

Could you please provide the lint to the "Upgrade from SDL Trados Studio 2015 Freelance Plus to SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance Plus" option?

Thanks!

Richard

[Edited at 2016-08-11 15:52 GMT]

SDL_Dan
SDL_Dan
United Kingdom
TOPIC STARTER
Upgrading to Studio 2017 Aug 11, 2016

Hi,

Please visit this link to our store and click on the 'pre-order' button for Studio 2017. Follow the on-screen instructions and you should see "upgrade from SDL Trados Studio 2015 Plus to SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance Plus.

If you have any further problems, let me know.

Dan

Giuliana Buscaglione
Giuliana Buscaglione  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:36
Member (2001)
German to Italian
+ ...
What about upgrades from older (2011) versions? Aug 11, 2016

Hi Dan (post-editing name: sorry < blush > multi-tasking doesn't work like a charm all the times )

once upgrades were available from various older versions to the most recent one. Now I could only see - next to full versions - upgrades from Studio 2015/Plus/Professional to 2017/Plus/Professional. (I have already pre-ordered an upgrade from my 2015 Plus(-ready) licence to 2017 Plus, but what about my older (2011) Stu
... See more
Hi Dan (post-editing name: sorry < blush > multi-tasking doesn't work like a charm all the times )

once upgrades were available from various older versions to the most recent one. Now I could only see - next to full versions - upgrades from Studio 2015/Plus/Professional to 2017/Plus/Professional. (I have already pre-ordered an upgrade from my 2015 Plus(-ready) licence to 2017 Plus, but what about my older (2011) Studio licences? I might want to gradually upgrade them or some of them at a later date.

Thanks.

Giuliana

[Edited at 2016-08-11 16:02 GMT]
Collapse

SDL_Dan
SDL_Dan
United Kingdom
TOPIC STARTER
SDL Trados Studio 2011 Upgrades Aug 11, 2016

Hi Giuliana,

Here is some information for you and your fellow translators who are using SDL Trados Studio 2011, who might want to upgrade to Studio 2017.

With the release of SDL Trados Studio 2017, the upgrade path from SDL Trados Studio 2011 will end on 31 March 2017. After this date, all upgrade discounts will be withdrawn and the later versions of SDL Trados Studio will only be available by purchasing a full license.

Giuliana Buscaglione
Giuliana Buscaglione  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:36
Member (2001)
German to Italian
+ ...
Upgrade path from 2011 not visible as of now Aug 11, 2016

Hi Dan,

SDL_Dan wrote:

With the release of SDL Trados Studio 2017, the upgrade path from SDL Trados Studio 2011 will end on 31 March 2017.

either I'm looking at the wrong end or it is really not there. Under "Upgrades" I could only see upgrades from the 2015 version. I went for "Products", but that was another deadend. No hassle though. Good to know there are still some months to move over and to find the right spot for the respecitve upgrade

Giuliana

Sandrine Zérouali
Sandrine Zérouali  Identity Verified
Algeria
Member (2008)
Spanish to French
+ ...
From Studio 2011 freelance plus to Studio 2017 Aug 11, 2016

Hello everybody,

I've just went to the link that Dan done in his initial post. I have Studio 2011 Freelance Plus. If I want Studio 2017, I have to purchase Studio 2015 and I will have Studio 2017 for free, is that right? If yes, how many licences, I will have (2 or 4)?

Thank you in advance for your answers.

For Richard,

page078

Here is the screenshot below the screenshot you done. I think you need this one. Choose between the 2nd option.

I hope it helps you.

NB: sorry for the big white page but I don't know how to do better. If somebody can say it will be great!

Sandrine

[Modifié le 2016-08-11 17:04 GMT]

Alexandre De Sena Viegas
Alexandre De Sena Viegas  Identity Verified
English to Portuguese
+ ...
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Aug 11, 2016

You guys are doing better and better...
I just pre-ordered the SDL Trados Studio 2015 version on 25.05.2015.
We now have 11.08.2016 and you are already speaking about the 2017 version.
Not bad!

Wojciech_ (X)
Wojciech_ (X)
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
Soon? Aug 11, 2016

By the way, how soon is "soon"? Is it the matter of just several weeks or rather around Halloween?

[Edited at 2016-08-11 16:55 GMT]

Pages in topic:   [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados Studio 2017 is coming soon!

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »