How to remove author data from the XLSX/DOCX bilingual file included in the Studio package?
Thread poster: Ivana Gunglova
Ivana Gunglova
Ivana Gunglova
Local time: 12:52
English to Slovak
+ ...
Aug 24, 2016

Hello,

I wanted to ask for an advice.

When receiving Trados Studio packages for translation, MS Word and MS Excel files usually come with the information about the name of a file author (generate translations - right-click - properties - details tab). As sometimes there is a need to send a package to another translator, is there any way to remove this sensitive customer data from the package?

I have tried to search in sdlxliff file by opening it in text ed
... See more
Hello,

I wanted to ask for an advice.

When receiving Trados Studio packages for translation, MS Word and MS Excel files usually come with the information about the name of a file author (generate translations - right-click - properties - details tab). As sometimes there is a need to send a package to another translator, is there any way to remove this sensitive customer data from the package?

I have tried to search in sdlxliff file by opening it in text editor, but I was not able to find the author data and this whole properties part of the file seems to be encoded.

Unzipping the package by renaming to .zip, taking the source file, removing the data and creating a new package is not a solution here as I believe that each Studio package has its own ID code and this newly created package back import would not work if I send it back to customer.

So there are two possible options, which I dont know if are real:
- to find out how to remove this sensitive data from the original package
- to find out how to create new package with edited file (just author data removed), which will have the same ID code in a way that it will be accepted by the original customer project in Studio

Thank you very much in advance for any help.

Best Regards
Ivana
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to remove author data from the XLSX/DOCX bilingual file included in the Studio package?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »