Dan Ilioiu
Dan Ilioiu  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 22:13
English to Romanian
+ ...
Aug 25, 2016

Hello,

Working in Studio 2015, I have a project with about 250 files. I have little experience with Studio, but I have experience in other CAT tools.

I translated the files, verified each one. I generated the target files.

Now, the batch tasks menu shows only "Export files" or something like that.
I would like to do a verification for all the files at once. How can this be done? I saw that, if I open again a file in Editor, the menu shows again a lo
... See more
Hello,

Working in Studio 2015, I have a project with about 250 files. I have little experience with Studio, but I have experience in other CAT tools.

I translated the files, verified each one. I generated the target files.

I would like to do a verification for all the files at once. How can this be done? I saw that, if I open again a file in Editor, the menu shows again a long list of batch tasks, but I won't go through opening all 250+ files. Is there another way?

Of course, I would very much like not to lose my work, thank you.

Thank you.
Collapse

Darius Sciuka
Darius Sciuka  Identity Verified
Lithuania
English to Lithuanian
+ ...
Opening multiple files Aug 25, 2016

Hello Dan,

Simply select all your files in the file list then select Open For Translation. All the files will open in the Editor and you will be able to verify them in one go.

Best regards,
Darius

Amnon Shapira
Amnon Shapira  Identity Verified
Israel
Member (2011)
English to Hebrew
Done Aug 25, 2016

If by saying that you've generated the target files you mean that you've used the "Save target As" of the File menu. your work is done you you don't have to do anything else. For example if your source is a Dockx file the saved target will be the same docx in the target lauguge.

Dan Ilioiu
Dan Ilioiu  Identity Verified
Romania
English to Romanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
. Aug 29, 2016

Darius Sciuka wrote:
Simply select all your files in the file list then select Open For Translation.

Well, I don't trust enough my computer or the SDL Studio program to open 280 files simultaneously.
Is there no other way?

When I create a project and add files to it, one of the steps performed by SDL in "Converting to translatable format". I guess this is what I need - but where to find this command?

I did the cross file verification in apSIC, but I am still wondering.

Cheers!

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 21:13
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
Revert to sdlxliff Aug 29, 2016

Dan Ilioiu wrote:

I would like to do a verification for all the files at once.

It sounds as if you finalised the files. Go to the list of files in your target language. Select all, right click and select "revert to sdlxliff".
Now, open all of them in the editor. Perform verify. Save target files.
If you don't want to open all at once, just select a group and open them a few at a time.

Edited to add: You can also perform "Verify" as a batch task after reverting the files to sdlxliff. After running it, double click "Results" to see the errors one by one. Then go to the files tab and double click the file to open it in the Editor.
I think it's easier to open them all at once, but it sounds as if "Verify" as a separate task is what you're looking for.

[Edited at 2016-08-29 13:50 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Batch tasks AFTER generating target files

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »