Studio 2011 / 2015 error message: “Filter definition 'Word2007 v 1.0.0.0' not found…”
Thread poster: Yolanda Vázquez Tévar
Yolanda Vázquez Tévar
Yolanda Vázquez Tévar
Local time: 10:03
English to Spanish
+ ...
Aug 27, 2016

I am experiencing problems with both
SDL Trados Studio 2011 and SDL Trados Studio 2015
when trying to open projects with .docx files and some verification features are disabled.
I get the following error message:
Filter definition 'Word2007 v 1.0.0.0' not found or could not be used to construct a generator.
I have tried both versions with Windows 7 and Word 2003 and Word 2013. I also tried with previous Operating Systems but didn’t work either. I don’t have Wo
... See more
I am experiencing problems with both
SDL Trados Studio 2011 and SDL Trados Studio 2015
when trying to open projects with .docx files and some verification features are disabled.
I get the following error message:
Filter definition 'Word2007 v 1.0.0.0' not found or could not be used to construct a generator.
I have tried both versions with Windows 7 and Word 2003 and Word 2013. I also tried with previous Operating Systems but didn’t work either. I don’t have Word 2007 installed, but it seems this shouldn’t be a problem.

Before posting this thread I have searched the Internet for solutions in translation portals and forums, followed related procedures, but found no specific solution in previous threads that fixed my particular problem for the moment.

Taking suggestions from other related threads although not specific to my problem, I also downloaded several updates from the SDL site as well, enabled the Word 2007-2016 filter in Options > File Types, run FilterDefinitionFile.reg... no luck.

I will appreciate your suggestions.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2011 / 2015 error message: “Filter definition 'Word2007 v 1.0.0.0' not found…”

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »