SDL Trados Studio 2014 SP2 goes to the first time setup wizard instead of opening
Thread poster: Paolo Troiani
Paolo Troiani
Paolo Troiani  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 13:54
Member (2010)
English to Italian
+ ...
Aug 31, 2016

Hello,

I am using Studio 2014 since almost 2 years now, and all of sudden, instead of opening regularly, it goes to the setup wizard for the first time use. I absolutely do not want t go in there as I am running the risk of having lost 2 years of translation.
What can I do?

Thanks
P.S. It is pretty urgent as I have a delivery for tomorrow morning.

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
No risk of losing data Aug 31, 2016

Going through the setup wizard (choosing your 5 languages) again shouldn't happen, but you won't lose your work if you go through it. There's no other way of getting into Studio for you right now.

Your translations, termbases and TMs won't be harmed or lost. At the worst, you may not see your projects listed, but you will be able to open them again if necessary.

Paolo Troiani
Paolo Troiani  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2010)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No lost data Aug 31, 2016

Thanks for your quick answer Emma.
Apparently, the set-up wizard did not even start, but it went straigth on the "normal dashboard". I have no lost data.
Thanks a lot

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados Studio 2014 SP2 goes to the first time setup wizard instead of opening

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »