Thread poster: Daniel Meléndez
Daniel Meléndez
Daniel Meléndez  Identity Verified
Peru
English to Spanish
+ ...
Aug 31, 2016

Hello,

I got this client requesting the bilingual XLIFF file of a translation I carried out for him recently. Since I am kind of a newcomer in Trados, can't figure out which file is the bilingual XLIFF file yet. Would you tell be which one or where is it located?

Please ref
... See more
Hello,

I got this client requesting the bilingual XLIFF file of a translation I carried out for him recently. Since I am kind of a newcomer in Trados, can't figure out which file is the bilingual XLIFF file yet. Would you tell be which one or where is it located?

Please refer to the picture down below:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7Onjvy_6JM1T2x0RnU5b2tBNE0/view?usp=sharing

Gracias.
Collapse

Roy Oestensen
Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 15:52
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
Look for a subfolder with files having the extension sdlxliff Aug 31, 2016

First you have to locate the folder Studio uses to save its project. In my case this folder has the following subfolders:
en-GB (British English - my source files)
nb-NO (Norwegian Bokmål)
Packages
Reports
TM (Translation memories)
The target sdlxliff files you want, are in the nb-NO folder in my case. In your case the folder will be named according to the code of your target language.

Hope this helps.
Roy

[Edited at 2016-08-3
... See more
First you have to locate the folder Studio uses to save its project. In my case this folder has the following subfolders:
en-GB (British English - my source files)
nb-NO (Norwegian Bokmål)
Packages
Reports
TM (Translation memories)
The target sdlxliff files you want, are in the nb-NO folder in my case. In your case the folder will be named according to the code of your target language.

Hope this helps.
Roy

[Edited at 2016-08-31 19:42 GMT]

[Edited at 2016-08-31 19:42 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Bilingual XLIFF file

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »