Carmen Grabs
Germany
Local time: 12:00
Member (2012)
English to German
+ ...
Sep 23, 2016

Dear all,

I have recently had the problem that I cannot add my exiting TM to a client's project.

I get this message:

Das translation memory "xxx" wird für die folgenden Sprachpaare nicht verwendet.
English (United Kingdom) --> German (Germany)
Bearbeiten Sie die Liste der Translation Memory für diese Sprachpaare auf der Ebene der individuellen Sprachpaare.

In English: The translation memory "xxx" is not being used for the followin
... See more
Dear all,

I have recently had the problem that I cannot add my exiting TM to a client's project.

I get this message:

Das translation memory "xxx" wird für die folgenden Sprachpaare nicht verwendet.
Bearbeiten Sie die Liste der Translation Memory für diese Sprachpaare auf der Ebene der individuellen Sprachpaare.

In English: The translation memory "xxx" is not being used for the following language pairs.
Please edit the list of the translation memory for these language pairs on the level of the individual language pairs.

What should I do?

I really need to use my existing TM for this project.
I work with Trados Studio 2015.

Any suggestions would be great.
Collapse

Nora Diaz
Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 03:00
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
All Language Pairs vs Specific Language Pair Sep 23, 2016

Try adding your TM under the specific language pair instead of under All Language Pairs. In my EN-ES set-up, it looks like this:

2016-09-23_095343

Best,

Nora Díaz

Carmen Grabs
Carmen Grabs
Germany
Local time: 12:00
Member (2012)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It works!!! Sep 23, 2016

Thank you very much, Nora, you are a star! That was easier than I thought. And I have been fighting with this issue for over a year now

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot add my existing TM to a project

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »