eliper
eliper
Switzerland
Local time: 08:58
English to Italian
+ ...
Oct 20, 2016

Hallo,

I am taking the first steps in Trados and there is something I do not understand:

1. I am not able to write some of the letters as in the keyboard, for example ' becomes the german Esset or è becomes U with umlaut;

2. in one of the target segment the font is different from that of the whole text;

3. what does it mean when I come across bookmarkstart-bookmarkend? What should I do?

Many thanks.

Walter Blaser
Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 08:58
French to German
+ ...
Select the proper keyboard Oct 21, 2016

Hi

1. If you don't get the correct letters typed when you hit a key on the keyboard, make sure that you have selected the proper keyboard for our language. You can define several keyboards in Windows (click on the language icon in the lower right part of the task bar) and switch between them.

2. Make sure that you transferred the tags from the source segment. If you do this, the font should then be the same. Try to select the target text and transfer the tags from sourc
... See more
Hi

1. If you don't get the correct letters typed when you hit a key on the keyboard, make sure that you have selected the proper keyboard for our language. You can define several keyboards in Windows (click on the language icon in the lower right part of the task bar) and switch between them.

2. Make sure that you transferred the tags from the source segment. If you do this, the font should then be the same. Try to select the target text and transfer the tags from source using QuickPlace.

3. These tags indicate the presence of a bookmark. Transfer them to the target segment as I explained above.

Walter
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados on mac (with virtual box) - font and keyboard

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »