Installation problem - Trados 2015 & Multiterm
Thread poster: SZM
SZM
SZM
Local time: 12:24
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Oct 23, 2016

I installed Trados 2015 and Multiterm 3 times on my first computer, without de-installing the old Trados 2009 Studio.
When I open an SDLTM in the new 2015, the source segments in the side-to-side pane appear with an "unknown" font type and with only capital letters.
The more annoying problem is that Multiterm 2015 Desktop does not start at all.

I installed the same software on my second computer just once and successfully.
(I guess the solution will be to re-insta
... See more
I installed Trados 2015 and Multiterm 3 times on my first computer, without de-installing the old Trados 2009 Studio.
When I open an SDLTM in the new 2015, the source segments in the side-to-side pane appear with an "unknown" font type and with only capital letters.
The more annoying problem is that Multiterm 2015 Desktop does not start at all.

I installed the same software on my second computer just once and successfully.
(I guess the solution will be to re-install Windows 7 on my first computer.)

Did anyone of you experience any problem like this?

Many thanks in advance.
Collapse

Mario Chavez (X)
Mario Chavez (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:24
English to Spanish
+ ...
Trados installation problem Oct 24, 2016

1) Do you still need SDL Trados Studio 2009?
2) Have you tried reinstalling SDL Trados 2015/MultiTerm 2015 on a different directory?
3) Do you use a registry/temp file cleaning utility such as the free CCleaner by Piriform?

I see no reason to reinstall the operating system. That's a very extreme measure that I would personally reserve when my hard drive is failing, is corrupt or if my Windows installation has been corrupted by malware or a virus.

SZM
SZM
Local time: 12:24
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Installation problem - still persists Oct 24, 2016

Thank you very much for your help.

1) I will not need 2009 and will de-install it as soon as 2015 will work properly.
2) I tried to re-install SDL Trados 2015/MultiTerm 2015 this afternoon, for the 4th time, and according to the instructions here:
http://producthelp.sdl.com/kb/Articles/9136.html
3) I ran CCleaner.

Unfortunately, everything
... See more
Thank you very much for your help.

1) I will not need 2009 and will de-install it as soon as 2015 will work properly.
2) I tried to re-install SDL Trados 2015/MultiTerm 2015 this afternoon, for the 4th time, and according to the instructions here:
http://producthelp.sdl.com/kb/Articles/9136.html
3) I ran CCleaner.

Unfortunately, everything was in vain, the problems have remained.

Many thanks for your advices, have a nice week.

quote]Mario Chavez wrote:

1) Do you still need SDL Trados Studio 2009?
2) Have you tried reinstalling SDL Trados 2015/MultiTerm 2015 on a different directory?
3) Do you use a registry/temp file cleaning utility such as the free CCleaner by Piriform?

I see no reason to reinstall the operating system. That's a very extreme measure that I would personally reserve when my hard drive is failing, is corrupt or if my Windows installation has been corrupted by malware or a virus. [/quote]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Installation problem - Trados 2015 & Multiterm

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »