Thread poster: Veronika Vavrova
Veronika Vavrova
Veronika Vavrova  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:11
Slovak to English
+ ...
Oct 25, 2016

Hello,

I have a very specific problem with SDL Studio 2014. I started to use it just few months ago and I was not able to solve the problem on my own. I often translate texts in which I need to change case from lowercase to uppercase and vice versa. I usually use Caps Lock button on my keyboard to do this. However, when I turn uppercase off, my computer in SDL Studio starts to use toggle case instead (so the letters in the words are of different size). I do not have problem with any
... See more
Hello,

I have a very specific problem with SDL Studio 2014. I started to use it just few months ago and I was not able to solve the problem on my own. I often translate texts in which I need to change case from lowercase to uppercase and vice versa. I usually use Caps Lock button on my keyboard to do this. However, when I turn uppercase off, my computer in SDL Studio starts to use toggle case instead (so the letters in the words are of different size). I do not have problem with any other program in my computer regarding this and I was not having this type of problem neither while using other Trados versions. Were anyone of you experiencing the same problem and how did you solve it? I suppose that my program is set up to change automatically from lowercase to uppercase, from uppercase to toggle case and from toggle case to lowercase after pushing Caps Lock button. But I have no idea - how to set it differently or how to turn the toggle option off. Regarding the quantity of texts in which I need to change from one case to another, it´s bit annoying and most of all, it´s time consuming.

Thanks for any idea.

Veronika
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Lowercase changes automatically to toggle case in SDL 2014

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »