Thread poster: Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 15:41
English to Russian
Dec 8, 2016

Hi all,

Having accumulated a good series of errors, I contacted SDL support team.
Sample errors:
1. ‘Translate Single Document’ emits this message:

... See more
Hi all,

Having accumulated a good series of errors, I contacted SDL support team.
Sample errors:
1. ‘Translate Single Document’ emits this message:

Only one machine behaves this way in 'Translate Single Document' mode. In 'Studio Project' mode it does not.
Others have exactly the same settings and work ok.

2. Pressing the ‘Options’ button in the ‘File’ pane on another machine gives a message stating something about enumeration…

3. Working with Editor once caused an error message continuously cascading through the display like Solitaire cards when you complete it…

4. Even if no error messages pop up from Studio itself, some documents won’t open after translation (in ‘Translate Single Document’ mode), with this message appearing instead:

This never happens with the same files when translated in ‘Studio Project’ mode (not ‘Translate Single Document’).
========================================
In their reply, SDL recommended that I update the software.

Well, ok. I would be happy to do so… However this is also a challenge for me now, because the 'Update' button is grayed out and thus cannot be enabled (neither from the ‘Help’ pane nor from ‘Options – Automatic Updates’).

Deleting the holy triptych .xml files does not help.

Any ideas as to how to update Trados?

Cheers,
S.K.

UPDATE: I could find out that Automatic Update was intentionally disabled by our IT guys without notifying anybody.

[Edited at 2016-12-08 06:25 GMT]

UPDATE2: Software update did not help...

[Edited at 2016-12-08 13:26 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do I update SDL Trados Studio 2015?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »