Florin Ular
Florin Ular  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 20:12
English to Romanian
+ ...
Jan 20, 2017

Hello everyone,

My Trados 2007 seems to have installed correctly, I get a confirmation that the product was successfully activated online, yet when I try to run it, I get the following error message: "An error occurred while trying to verify the license. Please check the installation and try again".

Could anybody please advise?

[Edited at 2017-01-20 09:11 GMT]

Florin Ular
Romania
English to Romanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Nobody knows? Jan 28, 2017

Is this really such a rare issue that nobody knows what it might be?

I searched the forums and found several people had this issue some years ago, but nobody cared to share the solution.
They just confirmed that it was finally fixed with the help of Trados Support team, but the solution itself seems to be a well guarded secret.

Sandra & Kenneth Grossman
Sandra & Kenneth Grossman  Identity Verified
Israel
French to English
+ ...
Very few people using Workbench these days... Jan 29, 2017

Florin Ular wrote:

Is this really such a rare issue that nobody knows what it might be?

I searched the forums and found several people had this issue some years ago, but nobody cared to share the solution.
They just confirmed that it was finally fixed with the help of Trados Support team, but the solution itself seems to be a well guarded secret.

Hi Florin,
You have answered own question. Being an installation issue, it was probably resolved at the time by the Trados Support team. However, since this version is no longer supported by SDL, this is probably not relevant any more.
I would suggest deleting your settings files, deactivating your license (important!), uninstalling and reinstalling.

Sandra

MikeTrans
MikeTrans
Germany
Local time: 19:12
Italian to German
+ ...
Check that your license is physically located on your system Jan 29, 2017

The license file is usually stored in a 'Trados' folder in the Documents folder (Trados 2007 SP3). If you have a license file, then install it in such a folder, chose offline activation and point to this license file.

Mike

[Edited at 2017-01-29 18:10 GMT]

Florin Ular
Romania
English to Romanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Feb 1, 2017

Thank you all for these clarifications.

The problem is not related to a faulty installation. As mentioned before, Trados confirms a successful, error-free installation and license activation online.

Also, I do not have a file-based license, I have three activations included with my version of Trados 2007 (1 in use on another computer, 2 available).

The answer may indeed be related to the fact that SDL no longer supports this version.
It's not a big d
... See more
Thank you all for these clarifications.

The problem is not related to a faulty installation. As mentioned before, Trados confirms a successful, error-free installation and license activation online.

Also, I do not have a file-based license, I have three activations included with my version of Trados 2007 (1 in use on another computer, 2 available).

The answer may indeed be related to the fact that SDL no longer supports this version.
It's not a big deal, as not many clients require its use these days, but it would be nice to know I can still use a software that I purchased a while ago.
Collapse

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 19:12
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Have you... Feb 1, 2017

Florin Ular wrote:
Could anybody please advise?

Have you asked your question here as well?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2007 Workbench: "An error occurred while trying to verify the license"

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »