Hayley Leva
Hayley Leva
France
Local time: 04:10
French to English
+ ...
Feb 23, 2017

Hello,

I posted a question in the SDL Community about some difficulties I'm having with auto-localisation/number substitution settings, but the problem is still unresolved, so I wondered if anyone here had any ideas which might help?

Here are my original post (with screensh
... See more
Hello,

I posted a question in the SDL Community about some difficulties I'm having with auto-localisation/number substitution settings, but the problem is still unresolved, so I wondered if anyone here had any ideas which might help?

Here are my original post (with screenshots):
https://community.sdl.com/solutions/language/translationproductivity/f/90/p/10390/39751?Redirected=true#39751

Thanks,
Hayley
Collapse

MikeTrans
MikeTrans
Germany
Italian to German
+ ...
I don't have a direct solution, but try this... Feb 23, 2017

Hello,
in order to avoid these sort of problems with number formatting I usually purge my TM after a project and delete all short segments with numbers (and other unsignificant translation pairs). I guess the number formatting is related to the language/sub-language you chose for your project, but there could be some interference with your loaded TMs and their content as said by Paul in the post above. In order to avoid any such conflict I would:

a)
Filter on such segme
... See more
Hello,
in order to avoid these sort of problems with number formatting I usually purge my TM after a project and delete all short segments with numbers (and other unsignificant translation pairs). I guess the number formatting is related to the language/sub-language you chose for your project, but there could be some interference with your loaded TMs and their content as said by Paul in the post above. In order to avoid any such conflict I would:

a)
Filter on such segments with numbers and acronyms only, for that you must use RegEx; here is a good one, enter this in the filter box for the source:

([-A-Za-z0-9_]*?([-A-Za-z_][0-9]|[0-9][-A-Za-z_])[-A-Za-z0-9_]*)

b)
In the project settings, temporarily disable all TMs (just uncheck the Enabled box)

Start manually to translate the first filtered segment in your filtered list and after confirming with CTRL-ENTER Autopropagate should be working and translating the remaining segments correctly this time (if not you may have to lower the Autopropagation value in the options, it's set to 100 for default but this should already skip numbers and untranslatables).

After that, re-activate your TMs, unfilter all segments and proceed with your translation.

Greetings,
Mike

[Edited at 2017-02-23 18:20 GMT]
Collapse

Hayley Leva
Hayley Leva
France
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks... and can I use RegEx to filter in TM view? Mar 13, 2017

Hello,

Sorry for the very late response, but thanks for your suggestion. I will try that next time I have a project with a lot of numbers/acronyms in.

In the meantime, is it possible to use a RegEx filter like the one you suggested to filter in TM view - i.e. to find (and delete) all of the number-only segments, or 'useless' segments from my TM? Or do you (or anyone else reading!) have any other suggestions for how to go about filtering a TM to clean it up?

... See more
Hello,

Sorry for the very late response, but thanks for your suggestion. I will try that next time I have a project with a lot of numbers/acronyms in.

In the meantime, is it possible to use a RegEx filter like the one you suggested to filter in TM view - i.e. to find (and delete) all of the number-only segments, or 'useless' segments from my TM? Or do you (or anyone else reading!) have any other suggestions for how to go about filtering a TM to clean it up?

I would like to learn more about RegEx - I've picked up a few useful filters in forums here and there, but if anyone knows of a proper resource for learning more, I'd be interested.

Thanks,
Hayley
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Number substitution/localisation settings

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »