Thread poster: Elisabeth Prudic (X)
Elisabeth Prudic (X)
Elisabeth Prudic (X)  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 06:05
Swedish to German
Feb 25, 2017

Hi!
I love my Trados 2017, but this morning, when I wanted to continue my work from yesterday, I was confronted with the fact that the program just wont start. I have uninstalled, reinstalled Trados, Multiterm, Java for several times and looked through different related forums and topics. After reinstallation I always manage to choose the 5 languages, but afterwards...nothing. Multiterm works, Trados not. I also tried to deactivate the license - in case the problem is related to the licen
... See more
Hi!
I love my Trados 2017, but this morning, when I wanted to continue my work from yesterday, I was confronted with the fact that the program just wont start. I have uninstalled, reinstalled Trados, Multiterm, Java for several times and looked through different related forums and topics. After reinstallation I always manage to choose the 5 languages, but afterwards...nothing. Multiterm works, Trados not. I also tried to deactivate the license - in case the problem is related to the license - (I have the Plus, and actually one licence left to use), but I cant deactivate, neither online nor offline.
I do not get any failure messages or popups, Trados just won't start.

In my desperation (deadline Monday morning) I bought the Level2-maintenance agreement to get an answer within 3 hours, but realized first after my purchase that the SDL support doesnt work on weekends. I found a solution to be able to deliver on Monday morning, the most important thing at all, but without my Trados working the next week, I will start to get quite big problems.

I have no idea what the problem is, I have no idea where to search for a solution anymore, is there anybody out there who has made similar experiences or can help me?

Thank you so much in advance!

Best regards,
Elisabeth
Collapse

Roy Oestensen
Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
Tried restart the PC? Feb 25, 2017

The first idea which comes to mind for me when something like this happens, is to try restart the PC. At times the error then just disappears, saving me a lot of work and aggravation. But of course, this isn't always the solution.

Roy

Elisabeth Prudic (X)
Sweden
Swedish to German
TOPIC STARTER
SDL Trados just continues working? Feb 26, 2017

Hi Roy!
Thank you for your answer - (and thanks to all of you having read and maybe thought about the issue)

Roy, I for sure restarted the system several times yesterday. After sleeping one night and starting the system today I was confronted with the fact that SDL Trados works all the sudden. To be honest, I still cannot believe this after having lost a whole day yesterday trying to find a solution. I am happy for sure, but very confused, because I still have no clue what ha
... See more
Hi Roy!
Thank you for your answer - (and thanks to all of you having read and maybe thought about the issue)

Roy, I for sure restarted the system several times yesterday. After sleeping one night and starting the system today I was confronted with the fact that SDL Trados works all the sudden. To be honest, I still cannot believe this after having lost a whole day yesterday trying to find a solution. I am happy for sure, but very confused, because I still have no clue what has happenend.

So to anybody who may face a similar problem in future, I still do not know why Trados works again, but I will post it here as soon as I know more from SDL Support.

Thank you for your input, Roy - you obviously had a point!

Best regards,
Elisabeth
Collapse

MikeTrans
MikeTrans
Germany
Italian to German
+ ...
You must also delete the Trados settings before re-installing Feb 27, 2017

Hello,
see one of my recent posts to know where the Trados settings are located (search for 'vain exercice'), the settings are stored in [user]\appdata\...\SDL...
Another reason may be: you must setup your license correctly and you need to be online to reach the server. Else, Studio will not run if your trial period is over.

Mike

[Edited at 2017-02-27 17:45 GMT]

Elisabeth Prudic (X)
Sweden
Swedish to German
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Mar 10, 2017

Hello Mike,
please forgive my late answer - I would like to thank you for your input! I will have this in mind when facing troubles the next time, so big thanks!

I would also like to inform everybody who is reading this, that the problem obviously had to do with issues on my SDL account, they have been solved and everything has worked fine since then.

AND: SDL did, kind enough, promptly and without asking any questions pay back the amount I had paid for the supp
... See more
Hello Mike,
please forgive my late answer - I would like to thank you for your input! I will have this in mind when facing troubles the next time, so big thanks!

I would also like to inform everybody who is reading this, that the problem obviously had to do with issues on my SDL account, they have been solved and everything has worked fine since then.

AND: SDL did, kind enough, promptly and without asking any questions pay back the amount I had paid for the support agreement, when I asked them. I really appreciate this.

Good luck to everybody!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados 2017 just stopped working

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »